SSD

Carlos Rebollo

Jul 5, 2022, 1:01:03 PM7/5/22
to beegfs-user
Hello,

Is there some manual or text about beegfs with ssd disks?

Thanks,
Carlos Rebollo

Jure Pečar

Jul 6, 2022, 4:53:14 AM7/6/22
to fhgfs...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 10:01:03 -0700 (PDT)
Carlos Rebollo <creb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there some manual or text about beegfs with ssd disks?

There's really no need for it. Just treat ssd disks as normal block devices
and deploy beegfs as per existing documentation. It just works.

--

Jure Pečar
https://f5j.eu

Vinci Chow

Jul 6, 2022, 8:35:19 AM7/6/22
to beegfs-user
On our all-NVMe box we have IO scheduler set to [none], other than that we just apply the recommended tuning.

I would add that BeeGFS is certainly capable of fully utilizing the throughput of your SSDs. If your deployment doesn't give you the same throughput as the disks themselves, it's being bottleneck by something else in your system.