Do the beegfs-mon service even do anything?

Viet Pham

Mar 22, 2023, 1:53:16 PM3/22/23
to beegfs-user
I am using beegfs 7.3.3 with influx v1 and I noticed that beegfs-mon service does nothing.

For my test I stopped beegfs-mon on all of my nodes (client, meta, and storage server), and I can still see graph on grafana still being updated.

Also beegfs-mon service on client server does nothing.
I imported the beegfs 7.3.3 client_ops_node_influxdbv1.json and client_ops_user_influxdbv1.json to grafana and I just get "No data" message on all the graphs.

All the other v1 relating to overview/meta/storage graph works fine, with out or without beegfs-mon service running.