BeeGFS client fails to build after updating Rocky from 8.9 to 8.10, kernel 4.18.0-553.el8_10.x86_64

Manzano, Cristina

Jun 6, 2024, 3:58:18 AMJun 6
to fhgfs...@googlegroups.com, Peter Niessen

Dear all,

After updating Rocky from 8.9 to 8.10 with kernel 4.18.0-553.el8_10.x86_64, the beegfs kernel modules fail to build, with both beegfs 7.4.2 and 7.4.3. Logs of the build under 7.4.3 are attached. Any ideas what to do/check? Anyone else seeing the same/similar problems?

Best regards,

Cristina

--

Cristina Manzano

Juelich Supercomputing Centre JSC

Telephone: +49 2461 61-1958

Internet: https://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc

Office hours: 08:30-15:00

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens

beegfs-client-rebuild.log

Fedor Pollak

Jun 7, 2024, 7:06:11 AMJun 7
to beegfs-user
Not sure if this is the same issue and if it will be helpful, but I had kinda similar problem with building the beegfs-client on ubuntu.
The problem was that /usr/src/ofa_kernel/default/include/ pointed to the wrong version of drivers, resolved it with "update-alternatives --config ofa_kernel_headers" and selecting the last version. As far as I see rocky has "alternatives" command instead of "update-alternatives".

Best regards,
Fedor Pollak