meta/dentries getting filled up fast

jont...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2021, 2:45:15 AM7/15/21
to beegfs-user

Hi, general question regarding meta, and partition getting filled up.

We have used beegfs with zfs for several years now, with different versions of zfs/beegfs on different systems.

In the last installation we are using zfs-2.0 and beegfs-7.2.2, and when we move files from the old system (using zfs-0.8 and beegfs-7.1.4) the meta fills up so fast (specifically the dentries directory) that it will be full  long before we have moved everything.

We are basically using the recommended settings on the different partitions (although mistakes obviously cannot cannot be excluded).

Hints greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
/jon

jont...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 3:26:26 AM7/26/21
to beegfs-user
We tried different "zfs-settings" for the "META-partition", but none of them solved the problem (the partition being filled up extremely fast).

In the end we used ext4, and now it works as expected (we are still using zfs on the OSTs).

In case someone else experience similar problems...

/jon