beegfs-client-devel: uapi missing file pattern enumeration constants

Guan Xin

Apr 11, 2024, 6:37:56 AMApr 11
to beegfs-user
Hi Developers,

Sorry for not creating a github issue -- I am unable to login there since they enforced 2FA.

The release notes of beegfs-7.4.3 <https://doc.beegfs.io/7.4.3/release_notes.html> says:

    "* Moved ioctl definitions into one common header file that is used by client and user space code."

However, neither this common uapi header file nor any pre-existing headers for client-devel since before v7.4.3 provides the file-pattern constants.
This causes the example file "getStripePatternOfFile.cpp" to fail compilation.

Is there any plan to move the file-pattern enums from "common/source/common/storage/striping/StripePattern.h" to somewhere client-devel programs have access?

Best regards,
Guan

Philipp Falk

Apr 15, 2024, 12:39:26 PMApr 15
to fhgfs...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guan,

thank you for reporting this issue! We have a patch ready that will go out
with our next release.

Best regards
- Philipp
--
Philipp Falk | VP of Engineering | m: philip...@thinkparq.com
ThinkParQ GmbH | Trippstadter Strasse 113 | 67663 Kaiserslautern | Germany

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is
or the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
or proprietary information.