Where can I find design and manual for beehive?

Landen

May 30, 2022, 12:19:07 PM5/30/22
to beegfs-user
In my environment,  I have two storage pools --- "fast" and "bulk". I need migrate files between them, based upon mtime, ctime etc. However, I have more that 10 million files in beegfs. I doubt if beehive can handle them efficiently. Where can I find design and manual for beehive?

Landen

May 30, 2022, 1:16:19 PM5/30/22
to beegfs-user
AFAIK, there is "beegfs beehive quick user guide". Does anyone know the link for it?

Guan Xin

May 31, 2022, 12:19:01 AM5/31/22
to beegfs-user
Beehive always walks through the full directory tree to rebuild its database. No incremental update yet.
It would be equally good to just do a find -type f -printf '%A@ %C@ %P\0' manually and sort the output.
Just tried to sort a list of 47 million files and it took 27s on a Ryzen 5800H CPU.

Guan

Landen

Jun 28, 2022, 10:12:11 PM6/28/22
to beegfs-user
It is true.

Where does beehive code reside? I want to dig more.