Moving cluster to a different subnet

Kristian Jarmund

May 26, 2021, 5:39:07 AM5/26/21
to beegfs-user

I have a small beegfs cluster consisting of four machines, each of them having three storage targets.

Now, the issue is that due to poor performance over the existing copper ethernet, I've added a fiber network between these machines. The copper remains in place unchanged due to backwards compatibility.

Everything in the beegfs cluster is set up to operate on the 192.168.9.0/24 network (copper), so is there a simple edit I can do somewhere to have it operate on 192.168.10.0/24 instead?

James Burton

Jun 14, 2021, 2:18:32 PM6/14/21
to fhgfs...@googlegroups.com
The connNetFilterFile and/or connNetInterfaces options in the /etc/beegfs/beegfs-*.conf files should allow you to limit traffic to specific networks.

# [connInterfacesFile]
# The path to a text file that specifies the names of the interfaces, which
# may be used for communication by other nodes. One interface per line. The
# line number also defines the priority of an interface.
# Example: "ib0" in the first line, "eth0" in the second line.
# Values: This setting is optional. If unspecified, all available interfaces
#    will be published and priorities will be assigned automatically.
# Note: This has no influence on outgoing connections. The information is sent
#    to other hosts to inform them about possible communication paths.
# Default: <none>

# [connNetFilterFile]
# The path to a text file that specifies allowed IP subnets, which may be used
# for outgoing communication. One subnet per line in classless notation (IP
# address and number of significant bits).
# Example: "192.168.10.0/24" in the first line, "192.168.20.0/24" in the second
#    line.
# Values: This setting is optional. If unspecified, all addresses are allowed
#    for outgoing communication.
# Default: <none>

Jim Burton

James Burton
OS and Storage Architect
Advanced Computing Infrastructure
Clemson University Computing and Information Technology
340 Computer Court
Anderson, SC 29625