Checking: Chunk has wrong permissions ...

Steffen Grunewald

Mar 13, 2024, 3:50:27 AMMar 13
to BeeGFS user list
Good morning,

having run a beegfs-fsck (7.3.4) in readonly mode, I got a few million

Checking: Chunk has wrong permissions ...

errors, each with "[ra: ]", i.e. no recommended action.
How to proceed with this? Can I get some more detailed interpretation
of what beegfs-fsck sees and what it thinks it should see?

Should I fire up a client first and check whether the files are still alive?

Thanks,
Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)

Quentin Le Burel

Mar 13, 2024, 10:32:06 AMMar 13
to fhgfs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steffen,

Have you checked these actual chunk files on storage servers with ls -l, maybe they do have odd permissions (755?) and/or owner ?

Regards

Quentin