beegfs-mon install missing /opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/import-dashboards

Lee Kamentsky

Jul 14, 2021, 11:52:21 AM7/14/21
to beegfs-user
Hi all,
I'm trying to install beegfs-mon with the grafana panels. The directions at https://www.beegfs.io/wiki/Mon indicate that Grafana panels can be installed using a script found in the directory, /opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/import-dashboards. I am missing the /opt/beegfs/scripts directory after installing beegfs-mon (and beegfs-client on this machine). Any idea which package installs the scripts or why things have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

seyfer...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 9:54:53 PM7/14/21
to beegfs-user
make sure you have beegfs-mon-grafana-7.2.3-el8.noarch.rpm package installed
> rpm -qpl beegfs-mon-grafana-$VERSION-el8.noarch.rpm
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/client_ops_node.json
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/client_ops_user.json
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/import-dashboards
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/influxdb.json
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/meta.json
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/storage.json
/opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana/storage_targets.json

Lee Kamentsky

Jul 16, 2021, 8:30:21 AM7/16/21
to beegfs-user
I'm installing on Ubuntu from 7.2.2. The package contents:
 $ dpkg-query -L beegfs-mon-grafana
/.
/opt
/opt/beegfs
/opt/beegfs/lib
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/client_ops_node.json
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/client_ops_user.json
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/import-dashboards
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/influxdb.json
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/meta.json
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/storage.json
/opt/beegfs/lib/grafana/storage_targets.json
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/beegfs-mon-grafana
/usr/share/doc/beegfs-mon-grafana/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/beegfs-mon-grafana/copyright

I ended up finding the source code online and I manually copied the contents of /opt/beegfs/scripts/grafana to their proper locations, ran the "import_dashboards" script and everything worked. Now I see that the scripts are in /opt/beegfs/lib/grafana on Ubuntu.

--Lee