Issue with migration

Borut Rozman

Jun 12, 2024, 10:59:18 AMJun 12
to beegfs-user
I am trying to migrate a target off the cluster as I want to replace the disks in that target with new one, it is R5 mdraid target, so I want to just destroy the target and then replace the disks and recreate the target.

Everything except 1 chunk migrated of the storage seamlessly but now this chunk remains there and does not migrate,

beegfs-ctl --migrate --targetid=7 /mnt/beegfs/ --verbose

finishes in about 7-8 hours but does not move the chunk.

Can that be some remainder which is not in use anymore?  I don't want to destroy the array to realize we lost data because of that.

Any thoughts?
Borut

PS: I could just remove disk by disk and rebuild the array and leave as it is but that would take longer time to complete + I would need to grow FS afterwards.