FFTW 3.3.1-beta1 available, ARM NEON support

Matteo Frigo

Aug 21, 2011, 4:45:09 PM8/21/11
to fftw-announce
Dear FFTW users,

Version 3.3.1-beta1 of FFTW is now available from the FFTW web page
(www.fftw.org).

Version 3.3.1 includes support for the ARM NEON extensions. There are
no known bugs in this version, but there is one missing feature: We do
not yet support the cycle counter on ARM processors. Consequently,
the FFTW planner is much slower than it needs to be on ARM. We
understand that the cycle counter needs to be explicitly enabled by
the kernel in order to work, but the cycle counter was disabled on the
couple of Android devices that we have tried. If you are interested
in adding support for the cycle counter on a particular platform,
please send email to ff...@fftw.org and we will include it in the final
release.

Regards,

Matteo Frigo