New field type

Mahrud Sayrafi

Dec 22, 2021, 4:12:57 AM12/22/21
to ffpack-devel
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to any resources about adding a new field type to ffpack, for instance using Flint finite fields for arithmetic. My understanding is that this should be possible, since ffpack is a C++ template library, but if I'm wrong, or if using something other than Givaro would significantly reduce the speed, please let me know.

At the moment I'm only interested in very basic routines, like matrix rank, so hopefully a partial interface would suffice. I tried to experiment with making a clone of ModularBalanced<double>, but it would not compile. If there's a minimal example, or perhaps any helpful commits or pull requests you could point me to that would be very helpful.

Best,
Mahrud

Mahrud Sayrafi

Jan 1, 2022, 3:21:13 PM1/1/22
to ffpack...@googlegroups.com
In case anybody else is interested, I managed to get to a working proof of concept (see here), computing the rank of a matrix using fmpz-templated fflas-ffpack.

Mahrud