FFmpeg Headers not found Fedora Core 7

frankie gravato

Feb 27, 2008, 7:13:27 PM2/27/08
to ffmpeg-php
Hi I've been getting this error when i attempt to install ffmpeg-php.
I've installed ffmpeg from the svn and enabled the --enable-shared
option but still get this message on configure

checking for ffmpeg headers... configure: error: ffmpeg headers not
found. Make sure you've built ffmpeg as shared libs using the --enable-
shared option

FFmpeg version SVN-r12270, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et
al.
configuration: --enable-shared
libavutil version: 49.6.0
libavcodec version: 51.50.1
libavformat version: 52.7.0
libavdevice version: 52.0.0
built on Feb 28 2008 00:46:45, gcc: 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat
4.1.2-27)
usage: ffmpeg [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options]
outfile}...
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

Any one able to get past this?

netstu

Feb 28, 2008, 10:34:54 PM2/28/08
to ffmpeg-php
I also found this problem,and can't

mogyiman

Mar 2, 2008, 6:15:36 AM3/2/08
to ffmpeg-php
Hello,

I had the same problem and seems to me that compilation will fail
until You copy all required header files into /usr/local/include/
ffmpeg/.

There are a couple of files ( avcodec.h / avformat.h / libio.h )
in their respective directories but not in ffmpeg.
I think it's a change in ffmpeg which caused the error.

Istvan

fuzzybad

Mar 3, 2008, 1:21:44 PM3/3/08
to ffmpeg-php
On Mar 2, 5:15 am, mogyiman <mogyi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had the same problem and seems to me that compilation will fail
> until You copy all required header files into /usr/local/include/
> ffmpeg/.
>
> There are a couple of files ( avcodec.h / avformat.h / libio.h )
> in their respective directories but not in ffmpeg.
> I think it's a change in ffmpeg which caused the error.
>
> Istvan

I had a similar problem with ffmpeg-php and found this useful. After
installing ffmpeg, I copied these files manually to the following
place:

/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avio.h

This allowed ffmpeg-php to configure and make without complaint.

Jason

Gajamohan M

Mar 12, 2008, 7:40:28 AM3/12/08
to ffmpeg-php
cp /usr/local/include/libavcodec/* /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
cp /usr/local/include/libavdevice/* /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
cp /usr/local/include/libavformat/* /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
cp /usr/local/include/libavutil/* /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
cp /usr/local/include/libswscale/* /usr/local/include/ffmpeg

Cheers

Gajan