Festival of Learning Update : #1 (retry)

Sayamindu Dasgupta

Dec 22, 2011, 12:12:24 AM12/22/11
to festival-o...@googlegroups.com

[Apologies - something ate the newlines from the previous email. Retrying...]

Hi all,

Thanks for joining the Festival of Learning mailing list! Starting today, we're going to use it to:
* Keep you informed about new developments with the festival
* Once a week, send an update on the current status of the ideas board
* Send out requests for feedback or help

Today's email includes:

* Funded by Media Lab Studcom!
* Festival of Learning Trailer Video
* Registration Open!
* How You Can Help

== Festival of Learning Funded by Media Lab Studcom ==
Hurrah, Media Lab Student Committee has agreed to underwrite costs for the Festival of Learning!
This includes breakfast and lunch for everyone. We expect to ask everyone to bring and share afternoon snacks.
We are actively seeking additional funding, especially so we can provide financial support to sessions with materials costs.

== Trailer Video Now Online ==
Eric Rosenbaum has made a wonderful trailer video for the Festival of Learning! Thanks to everyone who agreed to be filmed!
You may notice that the video has a "non-alcoholic" disclaimer. Alcohol at MIT is a complicated process.
We want to consider a Festival of Learning Annex for alcohol-related learning. If you have ideas, please share!

== Registration Open ==
Festival of Learning Registration (free!) is open. Sign up at http://festival-of-learning.eventbrite.com/ to say you're coming. See you there!

== How You Can Help ==
As we get closer to the festival, we need help with various aspects of running the event. We need assistance with, among other things:

Roles which leave you completely free during the Festival:
-- Bookkeeping, receipts, records
-- Idea Dating Event: Several people have suggested a preview party in Jan where we gather people to share ideas for sessions.  Could you help coordinate this?

Publicity Roles which take place during the Festival:
-- Volunteer Coordinator: directing "background" coordination of the event and volunteers, making sure things are running smoothly
-- Roadie for a day: Registration, making sure rooms are ready, setup, cleanup
-- Documentation Lead -- make a documentation plan and coordinate documenting the day, video, pictures, interviews, etc.

Do you want to help in another way? Let us know! As a team, we have enjoyed imagining and creating a fun, informative festival.
We would love to have you help us make it even better!

Thanks!
Sayamindu
Nathan
Anne