Import Errors: 'UCP worker does not support MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE' and 'No module named 'HDF5File''

YIQIAN MAO

Jul 27, 2021, 9:13:05 PM7/27/21
to fenics-support
Dear Fenics community,

Background
I have successfully run my Fenics code in Docker on my laptop, and now I am trying to use fenics in the high-performance computing clusters of my university. However, after I loaded the module fenics/2019.1.0 and ran my code, Two import errors occurred.

Errors
1. I ran python3 and tried to import Dolfin, and then an error occurred: UCP worker does not support MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE

2. I chose to ignore the import error of Dolfin and run my code. The strange thing is that I can run ‘from Dolfin import *, Mesh, MeshFunction’ successfully, but when importing HDF5File, an error 'ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'HDF5File' appears.

Is the installation of Fenics incomplete? How can I fix these import errors?

Thank you in advance.

Yiqian Mao