Installation for Win10

Y Liu

Sep 11, 2021, 3:04:29 PM9/11/21
to fenics-support
Hi

I am struggling to use it for windows 10.   I don't know anything about Linux etc. I only know windows.

Here is what I did and I got an error at the end, which I believe is related to Linux command? I am not sure how to do it in windows 10. Can anyone advise me the easiest way to use it in windows 10? Thank you so much.

1. Firstly I did install docker desktop for wind10 from below link

2. run docker command under CMD

docker run -ti -p 127.0.0.1:8000:8000 -v $(pwd):/home/fenics/shared -w /home/fenics/shared quay.io/fenicsproject/stable:current

then I got an error at the end of Pulling data:

docker: Error response from daemon: create $(pwd): "$(pwd)" includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only "[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]" are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path.

See 'docker run --help'.