Felton LUG this Saturday at 11 AM

Wayne

Apr 18, 2024, 3:38:35 PMApr 18
to Felton Linux Users Group LUG

Time: This Saturday at 11:00 AM to ~1:00 PM Pacific Time

Location: https://meet.jit.si/FeltonLUG#config.disableTileEnlargement=true&config.enableInsecureRoomNameWarning=false

This single-line URL fixes the tile aspect ratios and eliminates an annoying warning. Use it in your browser -OR- where the room name or Jitsi URL is entered in the Jitsi Meet application.

~ Bring any topic of interest (hopefully technology related) to the group for a spirited discussion by all!

Hope to see you there...

------------------------

If you are the first to enter the room you can log in with Facebook, Google or Github. Otherwise, wait to be let in when someone starts the session.

If you have problems connecting to "Jitsi Meet" through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.

"Jitsi Meet" applications are available here:
Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/latest

Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
https://jitsi.org/downloads/

Helpful hints:
press ? to list all quick shortcuts
press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
press V (video) to toggle the camera
press C (chat) to open the chat window
press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic works only when the Spacebar is held down; press M to reset to normal mode

Best Practices:
- Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi Meet
- Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard) when you're not speaking, or hit the Spacebar to enter Push-to-Talk mode. Then, hold it down to talk, release to mute.

James Mulherin

Apr 25, 2024, 2:44:16 PMApr 25
to felto...@googlegroups.com
I would like to know who feels confident about setting up dual monitors under the new KDE 6 that uses Wayland but has X11 available..
I will miss most of the earlier part of the meeting, likely through mo;re than half way because of another commitment.

Tech Elliott

Apr 25, 2024, 3:00:35 PMApr 25
to Felton LUG
There is no meeting this week. The next meeting will be next week

Wayne

Apr 25, 2024, 6:04:56 PMApr 25
to 'James Mulherin' via Felton LUG

Meetings are the 1st and 3rd Saturday, so sometimes that are three weeks between meetings.

On 4/20/24 10:15 AM, 'James Mulherin' via Felton LUG wrote:
> I would like to know who feels confident about setting up dual monitors under the new KDE 6 that uses Wayland but has X11 available..
> I will miss most of the earlier part of the meeting, likely through mo;re than half way because of another commitment.
>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 12:38 PM Wayne <Wa...@tradetimer.com <mailto:Wa...@tradetimer.com>> wrote:
>

> Time: This Saturday at 11:00 AM to ~1:00 PM Pacific Time
>
> Location: https://meet.jit.si/FeltonLUG#config.disableTileEnlargement=true&config.enableInsecureRoomNameWarning=false <https://meet.jit.si/FeltonLUG#config.disableTileEnlargement=true&config.enableInsecureRoomNameWarning=false>
>
> This single-line URL fixes the tile aspect ratios and eliminates an annoying warning. Use it in your browser -OR- where the room name or Jitsi URL is entered in the Jitsi Meet application.
>
>   ~ Bring any topic of interest (hopefully technology related) to the group for a spirited discussion by all!
>

> Hope to see you there...
>
> ------------------------
>
> If you are the first to enter the room you can log in with Facebook, Google or Github. Otherwise, wait to be let in when someone starts the session.
>
> If you have problems connecting to "Jitsi Meet" through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.
>
> "Jitsi Meet" applications are available here:
> Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/latest <https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/latest>
>
> Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
> https://jitsi.org/downloads/ <https://jitsi.org/downloads/>
>
> Helpful hints:
> press ? to list all quick shortcuts
> press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
> press V (video) to toggle the camera
> press C (chat) to open the chat window
> press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic works only when the Spacebar is held down; press M to reset to normal mode
>
> Best Practices:
> - Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi Meet
> - Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard) when you're not speaking, or hit the Spacebar to enter Push-to-Talk mode. Then, hold it down to talk, release to mute.
>
> --

Wayne

Jeff Liebermann

May 9, 2024, 2:41:12 PMMay 9
to felto...@googlegroups.com

Ever wonder what would happen if large numbers of Windoze 11 users become disgusted with Microsoft spying, buggy updates and now, in-your-face advertising?  This video is not quite on that topic, but does offer a clue of what Linux would look like during a mass migration of users and former Windoze marketing

"What would an ENSH*TTIFIED Linux distro look like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7Dy41yJ34

"The surest signs of success success are oversubscription and pollution".
Linux isn't officially successful (yet), but should it ever become successful, we now know what to expect.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 je...@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

Wayne

May 10, 2024, 11:09:41 AMMay 10
to felto...@googlegroups.com

This would indeed be awful...

On 5/9/24 11:41 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> Ever wonder what would happen if large numbers of Windoze 11 users become disgusted with Microsoft spying, buggy updates and now, in-your-face advertising?  This video is not quite on that topic, but does offer a clue of what Linux would look like during a mass migration of users and former Windoze marketing
>
> "What would an ENSH*TTIFIED Linux distro look like?"
> *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7Dy41yJ34
> *
>
> "The surest signs of success success are oversubscription and pollution".
> Linux isn't officially successful (yet), but should it ever become successful, we now know what to expect.
>
> --
> Jeff Lieberm...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Paul Neuman

May 10, 2024, 12:05:41 PMMay 10
to Felton Lug
They do the same thing with entertainment.  If my memory serves me right, first you got TV, then TV with more and more ads.  Then came the C-band satellite TV without all the commercials...then they moved all the transponders over to Ku band and scrambled them unless you paid for their signals...and started Disk and cable options with better content and no commercials...and now we have more and more commercials.  Everyone has to have their hand out to get their piece of the pie.

Such is life!

Kind Regards,

Paul
(Please excuse mistakes... sent from my phone)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/felton-lug/a180f401-4d71-0552-bf85-d1969bb59f36%40TradeTimer.com.