NOTE: the Location URL for joining the group has been 'enhanced' to restore the original 16x9 aspect ratio of the tiles when using the Tile mode.
Time: This Saturday at 11:00AM Pacific Time
Possible topics to discuss:
1) Robby to discuss recording LUG for publishing.
2) Anyone want to explain the /boot/efi? We used to only need a 512 MBR. (Master boot Record). Now with /boot/efi a lot of space is used at the beginning of the harddrive.
3) Possible discussion on why Firefox is now a snap (benefits and trade-offs).
4) Linux Kernel 5.18 has been released. What are the new features?
5) Another handy utility is pdfgrep. It's a command line tool for using grep like search feature on PDF files.
6) Bye bye DuckDuckGo, Hello Startpage. Here is the deal breaker... DuckDuckGo has signed a deal with Microsoft and their deal prevents blocking Microsoft. Sooner or later you will find a result from DDG that will throw a page of irrelevant results back to you and tries to open itself on Bing! Can you spell "tracking deal?" Here is one person's opinion on the matter...
Bring your latest fun computer experiences, problems and solutions to the meeting.
Hope to see you there...
Need to connect?
If you have problems connecting to "Jitsi Meet" through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.
"Jitsi Meet" applications are located here:
Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
press ? to list quick shortcuts
press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
press V (video) to toggle the camera
press C (chat) to open the chat window
press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic only works when the Space is held down; press M to reset to normal mode
- Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi Meet
- Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard) when you're not speaking, or hit the Spacebar to enter Push-to-Talk mode. Then, hold it down to talk, release to mute.