Remotely controlled water cut off systems

B Reiss

Jul 6, 2024, 11:42:41 AMJul 6
to Felton LUG
My neighbor ended up being told to install one of these systems or he'd lose his homeowners insurance. Interesting idea, although running it thru a cloud server, which the insurance company probably has access to, is not something I want.

Functionally this would be a raspberry PI, WiFi back-haul, water flow sensor, and valve motor. Maybe they implemented it another way, but that would be the quick and dirty solution.

Has anyone installed one of these? how has it worked out?

Dick Zscheile

Jul 6, 2024, 10:39:09 PMJul 6
to felto...@googlegroups.com
I have not installed one of these gadgets but I have learned to shut off ALL interior water when I leave on a trip.

One night when at home, a fitting broke and water sprayed all over. Luckily it woke us up and I could immediately shut off the valve, thus preventing any damage. Had I not been home….

Dick Zscheile

Dewayne Irons

Jul 7, 2024, 8:46:11 PMJul 7
to felto...@googlegroups.com