Come join our online Linux/Computer/Tech meeting this Saturday

Wayne

Jun 30, 2022, 4:51:36 PM6/30/22
to Wayne

Time: This Saturday at 11:00AM Pacific Time

Location: https://meet.jit.si/FeltonLUG#config.disableTileEnlargement=true

Possible topics to discuss:

1) SCALE - https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/19x
Back in the day we used to have members of this group go and report back what they learned and bright us SWAG.

2) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue741

3) KDE Plasma 5.25 Desktop Gets First Point Release, Multi-GPU Support Improved
Marius Nestor writes that KDE Plasma 5.25.1 has been released with "bug fixes and improvements".
We are told of some of the fixes included, some "interesting" changes, and provided a link to the full changelog on the 52 changes included.
https://9to5linux.com/kde-plasma-5-25-desktop-gets-first-point-release-multi-gpu-support-improved

4) This Tool Allows to Customize Ubuntu 22.04 GNOME Desktop with Advanced Settings
Jim introduces a tool to further customize the Ubuntu desktop. He lists many of the tool's capabilities along with brief installation tutorials.
https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2022/06/customize-ubuntu-22-04-gnome-advanced/

5) Ubuntu Forums Top 5 Threads

* How to store and share old digital photos -
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2476049

* Corrupted source list with Brave install?
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2476111

* can not mount LVM
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2475940

* Command to resize an image
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2475991

* Forgot my password
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2476028

----------

Bring your latest fun computer experiences, problems and solutions to the meeting.

Hope to see you there...

Need to connect?

If you have problems connecting to "Jitsi Meet" through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.

"Jitsi Meet" applications are located here:
Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/latest

Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
https://jitsi.org/downloads/

Helpful hints:
press ? to list quick shortcuts
press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
press V (video) to toggle the camera
press C (chat) to open the chat window
press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic only works when the Space is held down; press M to reset to normal mode

Best Practices:
- Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi Meet
- Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard) when you're not speaking, or hit the Spacebar to enter Push-to-Talk mode. Then, hold it down to talk, release to mute.