Time: This Saturday at 11:00AM Pacific Time
Possible topics to discuss:
1) Robby may talk about using FlatPak and Bottles instead of WINE.
2) Ubuntu 21.10 has reached the end of life. 22.04 anyone?
3) Ubuntu upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04 available as of August 4th.
4) Dell shipped and unveiled Ubuntu edition for XPS.
5) LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice: Which should You pick?
6) Running Turbo-Tax on Linux:
Or, try this:
- sudo aptitude install wine
- download Firefox for Windows and install under Wine.
- download and install flash 9 or 10 for Windows under Wine.
- open the Wine version of Firefox, and Turbo Tax Online will think you are using Windows, This is purported to work every time.
As always, bring any questions you have, or join us to help others find solutions to their tech-related problems.
Do we have any volunteers with a topic they would be willing to present?
Hope to see you there...
Need to connect?
If you have problems connecting to "Jitsi Meet" through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.
"Jitsi Meet" applications are located here:
Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
press ? to list quick shortcuts
press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
press V (video) to toggle the camera
press C (chat) to open the chat window
press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic only works when the Space is held down; press M to reset to normal mode
- Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi Meet
- Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard) when you're not speaking, or hit the Spacebar to enter Push-to-Talk mode. Then, hold it down to talk, release to mute.