Come join our online Linux/Computer/Tech meeting this Saturday

7 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Wayne

ungelesen,
17.02.2022, 17:28:0717.02.22
an Wayne

Time: This Saturday at 11:00AM Pacific Time
Location: https://meet.jit.si/FeltonLUG

Possible topics to discuss:

1) Robbie may have something to present (topic unknown).

2) Google Search Is Dying - an interesting opinion piece:
https://dkb.io/post/google-search-is-dying

3) Give Your Linux Mint and Xubuntu a Visual Uplift Using Twister UI:
https://www.debugpoint.com/2022/02/twister-ui-2022/

4) A very nicely done step-by-step customization tutorial for MX Linux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO7yd5yWN7c

5) Here is a list of several Linux weekly newsletters for your perusal:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 722 for the week of Feb. 6th-12th:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue722

Here are a few references to articles that may be of interest to you.

--- Ask Ubuntu Top 5 Questions ---

* Is there any way I can search in a file for Uptime that is greater than 100 days?
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1392154/is-there-any-way-i-can-search-in-a-file-for-uptime-that-is-greater-than-100-days

* Where should I find the fish_add_path command?
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1392178/where-should-i-find-the-fish-add-path-command

* my Ubuntu shows shell script echo in strange way
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1392588/my-ubuntu-shows-shell-script-echo-in-strange-way

* Meld - Failed To Register
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1391520/meld-failed-to-register

* What does this lshw output mean?
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1391985/what-does-this-lshw-output-mean

Ask (and answer!) questions at: https://askubuntu.com/

6) IT'S FOSS - Weekly Newsletter (Some highlights below):

Lightweight Linux distro Peppermint OS finally sees the release of version 11. Peppermint now uses Debian as base. This version was delayed due to the untimely demise of its lead developer, Mark Greaves.

GNOME 42 is gearing up for the release in March. Here's what's coming to this new version:
https://news.itsfoss.com/gnome-42-features/

Some basic Linux articles:

* What is Linux and why there are so many distributions?
https://emails.itsfoss.com/link/c/YT0xODgyNjMzNzM5MzA2MDEwNDMxJmM9YTVxNyZlPTE5MjgmYj05MDMwNTY4OTEmZD11OWExcDF3.PiKi-ySMMi4QYmSoazSaB0IJumg6fBd1pS_KkojpNGc

* Understanding the concept of PPA in Ubuntu
https://emails.itsfoss.com/link/c/YT0xODgyNjMzNzM5MzA2MDEwNDMxJmM9YTVxNyZlPTE5MjgmYj05MDMwNTY5MDMmZD10N3g4Yzds.exkpQLSs765Ua9NXb6kNzyLV-OBYJemWTQq_0kqPC4Y

* Linux file permissions
https://emails.itsfoss.com/link/c/YT0xODgyNjMzNzM5MzA2MDEwNDMxJmM9YTVxNyZlPTE5MjgmYj05MDMwNTY5MTImZD12NW04ZjJm.u1VPcEuHkp1JHTueR5iQaKbzHvblR4YIJs_TQmqKmVI

* Advanced file permissions in Linux
https://emails.itsfoss.com/link/c/YT0xODgyNjMzNzM5MzA2MDEwNDMxJmM9YTVxNyZlPTE5MjgmYj05MDMwNTY5MjQmZD1kMGczcDVu.raw8EfR1JKViM3zE0oYJ3v47wToABWG_9bXREESnfok

* Concept of hard links in Linux
https://emails.itsfoss.com/link/c/YT0xODgyNjMzNzM5MzA2MDEwNDMxJmM9YTVxNyZlPTE5MjgmYj05MDMwNTY5MzAmZD1iMHgzZDF4.6BirgC-QYkDagC-44Ovwysu3uLkQvvrm-2hA4CsTZD0

7) SCALE 19x was originally planned to take place March 3-6 of this year in Pasadena. However, due to developments in the COVID-19 pandemic, SCALE 19x is being rescheduled to July 28-31st AND is moving to Los Angeles.

Re-scheduling SCALE 19x will enable us to provide the safe environment that our attendees, staff, and speakers deserve. We remain excited as ever to bring back SCALE after a year hiatus, and have a great lineup for you this year.

From the SCALE 19x team - we would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding. We can't wait to see all of you in July!

You can get up-to-date information about our COVID-19 protocols at:
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/scale-19x-and-covid-19

SCALE 19x will meet or exceed the requirements laid out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State of California medical authorities, and local health departments.

Bring your latest fun computer experiences, problems and solutions to the meeting.

Hope to see you there...

-----

Need to connect?

If you have problems connecting to Jitsi through your browser, try the AppImage (for Linux only). It's a single stand-alone file that contains everything needed and doesn't install or make changes to your computer other than the usual config settings. Simply make the AppImage file executable and run it. Quick and easy, plus it will be automatically replaced with new versions as they become available, so you'll always be using the latest.

Jitsi applications are located here...

Linux (.deb), Linux (.AppImage), Windows (.exe) and MAC (.dmg)...
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron/releases/latest

Links to the Mobile apps for Apple and Android are here...
https://jitsi.org/downloads/

Helpful hints:
press ? to list quick shortcuts
press M (mute) to toggle the microphone
press V (video) to toggle the camera
press C (chat) to open the chat window
press Space for 'Push-to-Talk' mode so mic only works when the Space is held down; press M to reset to normal mode

Best Practices:
- Remember to enter a user name at the prompt when launching Jitsi
- Please Mute your microphone (M on the keyboard )when you're not speaking
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten