Fwd: 2013 Massachusetts Trails Conference! - Save the date

michele biscoe

Feb 22, 2013, 6:55:27 AM2/22/13
to fellsdog
Dear Fells dog owners,

You may recall that last spring I was elected to represent recreational-trail users with dogs on MARTAB, the Massachusetts Recreational Trails Advisory Board.

One of the things MARTAB does is to put on an annual trails conference.

Please SAVE THE DATE!

The 2nd Annual Massachusetts Trails Conference, hosted by the Massachusetts Recreational Trails Advisory Board & MA Department of Conservation and Recreation, will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2013 at the Devens Common Center, 31 Andrews Parkway, Devens, MA 01434.  Details follow.

I really hope that people who use trails with dogs can come to this conference.  Afterwards (maybe over beer at the end of the day!) we can talk about the kinds of workshops and invited speakers that trail-users with dogs could benefit from at future conferences.  Next year, I plan to volunteer to be on the conference organizing committee!

Please let me know if you can come.  I hope to see you there!

Best,
Michele

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jahnige, Paul (DCR)" <paul.j...@state.ma.us>
Subject: 2013 Massachusetts Trails Conference! - Save the date
Date: February 4, 2013 9:24:36 AM EST

SAVE THE DATE!
2nd ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS TRAILS CONFERENCE
Hosted by the
Massachusetts Recreational Trails Advisory Board  &  MA Department of Conservation and Recreation

SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2013
(8 am Registration to 4 pm Closing)

DEVENS COMMON CENTER
31 ANDREWS PARKWAY, DEVENS, MA 01434

Featured Speakers : Mr. Mark Fenton, advocate, author, host, editor on Active Lifestyles
Commissioner Edward Lambert,  Mass. Department of Conservation and Recreation
Registration Cost: $25 per attendee, Lunch provided
Workshop Sessions (16) including: Building Rail Trails, Mass Central Rail Trail Update,
RTPs Grants for Motorized Projects, Risk and Liability, Water Trails, Protecting Trail Corridors,
Sustainable Design, Working with Volunteers, Trails and Local Economies,  and more.

Registration Details to Follow!

Contact:  Amanda Lewis, MA DCR RECREATIONAL TRAILS PROGRAM  at 413-586-8706 ext 19, amanda...@state.ma.us
  or
Dick O’Brien, MARTAB CHAIRMAN at  dobri...@gmail.com