Sheepfold

DogOwnerWhoVotes

Oct 11, 2012, 10:01:57 AM10/11/12
to fell...@googlegroups.com
Some of us who have been visiting the Sheepfold with our dogs for years never thought we would see the day when the Sheepfold would be legally designated as an off-leash area.  Not only has the Mass. DCR done that, they planted trees at the park this spring, and now, they are making improvements to the entrance to the park.  They have created a path leading to the bulletin board as an entry to the park, and have even planted mums!!

Of course, dog owners should show our appreciation, and show that the designation and these upgrades are well-deserved.  Please help to keep this entryway CLEAN-- and pick up after your dogs as we must always do anywhere in the park.  Don't let your dog pee on the flowers, please.  We also know that in past winters, a minority of dog owners have become lax about picking up after their dogs in the snow-- creating a mess and a horrible impression about how dog owners care for the park.  With winter approaching, let's get our YakTrax ready, AND be ready to ALWAYS pick up after our dogs, even in the snow!