Fwd: Applications Now Open: CHCI’s 2022 Congressional Internship!

Francisco A Tomei Torres

Jul 15, 2021, 3:30:37 PM7/15/21
to fello...@googlegroups.com

Applications are live - join us in D.C.!

Now Accepting Applications!

CHCI's 2022 Congressional Internship Programs

Join the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) in Washington, D.C. for a fast-paced, hands-on internship on Capitol Hill.

The program is now accepting applications from college students and recent graduates to serve as a Congressional Intern in the halls of power in Washington, D.C. You’ll gain invaluable experience in forging your career journey by working closely with the Hill staffers, policy experts, and elected officials who are tackling our nation’s most urgent challenges.
APPLY TODAY!
"The CHCI experience is a truly powerful one. I learned as much from my peers as I did from my Congressional placement. I'm walking away from this experience ready to face whatever challenge comes my way."
- Abnner Olivares
Boyle Heights, California
Spring 2021 Congressional Intern

Real-world experience in Congress will be enhanced by weekly programming sessions with CHCI. Program activities include:

  • Connecting with powerful Latino leaders from a wide range of professional backgrounds, from Capitol Hill and Fortune 500 companies to NGOs and nonprofits
  • Enhancing your policy understanding through a non-credit, graduate level course presented by the George Washington University and conversations with policy experts
  • Exploring the Latino experience in the United States by learning about the rich diversity within the community, examining identity, and grounding yourself in data
  • Growing and expanding your professional network to include more than 4,100 members of the CHCI Alumni Association from across the country and Puerto Rico
  • Committing to civic engagement, including group and individual service projects to give back to the D.C. community
Additional benefits include:
  • Congressional office placement
  • Stipend of $3,750 (Fall/Spring), $3,125 (Summer)
  • Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
  • Furnished housing
  • Leadership Training and Development
  • Metro transportation benefits
  • Health insurance, with premiums covered by CHCI
Visit our website to learn more about the program and eligibility requirements!

2022 Internship Program Sessions:

  • Spring 2022: January 24 – April 15, 2022 (12 weeks) - Deadline: October 1, 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern
  • Summer 2022: May 31 – August 5, 2022 (10 weeks) - Deadline: December 1, 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern
  • Fall 2022: August 30 – November 19, 2022 (12 weeks) - Deadline: February 15, 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern
Share
Tweet

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) is the premier Hispanic nonprofit and nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization in the country dedicated to developing the next generation of Latino leaders®. CHCI provides leadership, public service, and policy experiences to outstanding Latino/a/x students and young professionals, and convenes Members of Congress and other public officials, corporate executives, nonprofit advocates, and thought leaders to discuss issues facing the nation and the Hispanic community. Visit CHCI.org and follow us @CHCI on social media.

For sponsorship opportunities, contact us at externa...@chci.org.