Fwd: Recruitment Announcement: Bill Anderson Fund 2021 Fellows Cohort

Francisco A Tomei Torres

Jun 14, 2021, 2:21:36 PMJun 14
to fello...@googlegroups.com

The Bill Anderson Fund’s 2021 application period is now open! We are seeking historically underrepresented minority (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, and Indigenous/Native American) PhD students who are in the beginning of their academic programs and who would be outstanding representatives to fulfill the BAF mission. To apply, visit: https://billandersonfund.org/apply.  Applications are due no later than July 7, 2021.

About the BAF

The William Averette Anderson Fund—often referred to as the Bill Anderson Fund or the BAF—is a vibrant 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to expand the number of historically underrepresented professionals in hazards and disaster research and practice. We are committed to reducing the disproportionate burden of environmental hazards in communities of color.

What We Do

Each year the flagship BAF Fellows program establishes a new cohort of 10-20 students from different universities and academic disciplines throughout the United States and provides them with professional development training, mentoring, and a network of support. This program prepares Fellows to become leaders who are well-equipped to produce meaningful social change on complex issues of inequality. Additionally, through our Fellows-led Collaborative Communities Initiative, the BAF is working to develop training curricula to prepare students to conduct community-engaged research and technical assistance projects that address emergency preparedness, hazard mitigation, and other locally-identified needs within marginalized communities.

For more information, visit: https://billandersonfund.org

BAF One-Pager_Revised for Recruitment.pdf