Excel intermittently crashes when using Felix

Brian

Oct 2, 2015, 8:30:16 AM10/2/15
to felix-users
I'm experiencing rather random Excel crashing when using Felix.

Specifically, it seems to happen when I use the ALT + right arrow key. The Excel file will close and sometimes restart itself. Other times, Excel will not restart and I have to relaunch it, where it opens to the last time I saved it.

This seems to be a rather new phenomenon, perhaps shortly after the upgrade from Office 2010 to 2013.

My system:
Windows 7
MS Office 2013
Felix version 1.7.1.3

Would the bump up to Felix version 1.7.3 fix this issue?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Brian

Ryan Ginstrom

Oct 11, 2015, 11:28:43 AM10/11/15
to felix...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian:

Sorry about the late reply. Are you using the latest version of Felix? There were some problems with Excel 2013, but they should have been fixed, unless these are new problems.

Regards,
Ryan

Charles Aschmann

Oct 11, 2015, 1:37:29 PM10/11/15
to felix...@googlegroups.com
Remember that the latest version of Felix is 2,0.0.1. I believe you
mentioned an earlier version (1.7.1.3), so that may help.

Charles Aschmann

Gururaj Rao

Oct 11, 2015, 9:31:02 PM10/11/15
to felix...@googlegroups.com
I have had the same error in the past.
This happens only when I hit ALT+Right key to move to the LAST COLUMN and then hit ALT + DOWN key to insert the TM match into the column in Excel.
And I confirmed today that it occurs even with the latest version of Felix and Office 2013.
Excel closes and returns to the same point. Felix however does not close or crash.

Another point on the graph.

Gururaj Rao
​Technical Translator

Ryan Ginstrom

Oct 17, 2015, 12:43:03 AM10/17/15
to felix...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation and the detailed repro steps. I've started tracking Felix issues on the pubic repository.

https://bitbucket.org/ginstrom/felix/issues?status=new&status=open

This issue is here:
https://bitbucket.org/ginstrom/felix/issues/4/error-when-using-in-excel-2013

Regards,
Ryan

Brian

Oct 21, 2015, 10:21:17 AM10/21/15
to felix-users
Yes. Thank you for confirming that this happens to you as well. For me though, it doesn't necessarily happen only in the last column. I had one file that it only seemed to happen in two specific columns. In my example, column T and column U. There were more columns to the right, so U wasn't the last.

Perhaps this is totally unrelated, but in my specific file example, unlike the other columns, both column T and U had "Wrap text" checked in "Text control" of the Format cells properties.

I hope this helps to identify the issue.  Thanks for your support.

Brian