New translation entries intermittently being saved in glossary?

Brian

Feb 12, 2014, 9:30:35 AM2/12/14
to felix...@googlegroups.com
My PC was recently updated to Windows 7 and MS Office 2010.
For some reason, sometimes when I set a translation, the entry also gets registered into the highest order glossary in my Memory Manager.
This only seems to happen intermittently. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Felix version 1.7.1.3

For now, my workaround is to click the save button on the TM side of the window, click the X close button on Felix, and then click "No" to the pop-up asking if I would like to save the changes to the fgloss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

Charles Aschmann

Feb 12, 2014, 10:27:47 AM2/12/14
to felix...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it, this is behavior by design. Go to Tools -->
Preferences --> Glossary Tab
At the top you see maximum length for auto glossary add. If you set this
to 0, I would gather that nothing would be added. I think the default is 15.
At the default setting any segment 15 characters (I think) or shorter is
automatically added to the glossary.

Charles Aschmann

Brian

Feb 12, 2014, 11:02:55 AM2/12/14
to felix...@googlegroups.com, asch...@gmail.com
I'll give that a try.

Thank you very much!

Ryan Ginstrom

Feb 13, 2014, 10:03:48 AM2/13/14
to felix...@googlegroups.com
> On Behalf Of Charles Aschmann
> As I understand it, this is behavior by design. Go to Tools --> Preferences -->
> Glossary Tab At the top you see maximum length for auto glossary add. If you
> set this to 0, I would gather that nothing would be added. I think the default is
> 15.
> At the default setting any segment 15 characters (I think) or shorter is
> automatically added to the glossary.

This is exactly right, Charlie. Thanks for the explanation. The reasoning is that short snippets like table column headers often turn out to be good glossary terms, but you can set this length to 0 to disable the feature.

Regards,
Ryan

Ryan Ginstrom
Felix Computer Assisted Translation