Keyboard Shortcuts in Word

Charles Aschmann

Jan 9, 2016, 2:12:14 PM1/9/16
to felix...@googlegroups.com
I am posting this on behalf of Michael Beijer, who is having some
trouble with this list and cannot seem to post.

1. Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut for a Felix action in Word?
There is a keyboard shortcut dialog under Felix Preferences in the
Add-In tab in Word, but there seems to be no function for adding to
these commands, only for changing the ones that exist. Michael wants to
add a keyboard shortcut for toggling between Translation and Review modes.

2. In this same vein, has anyone figured out another way of creating
such a shortcut? I tried creating a Word macro using the macro recording
in Word, but it does not seem to be able to do anything on the Add-in
menu (macro comes out blank after recording).

Thanks.

Charles Aschmann

Ryan Ginstrom

Jan 9, 2016, 3:29:31 PM1/9/16
to felix...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for forwarding this, Charles. Google took away ownership of this group, and there's apparently no way for me to get it back. So I don't have access to the list management or post approval tools.

> On Behalf Of Charles Aschmann
> 1. Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut for a Felix action in Word?
> There is a keyboard shortcut dialog under Felix Preferences in the Add-In tab in
> Word, but there seems to be no function for adding to these commands, only
> for changing the ones that exist. Michael wants to add a keyboard shortcut for
> toggling between Translation and Review modes.

Unfortunately, there's no shortcut for this right now.

> 2. In this same vein, has anyone figured out another way of creating such a
> shortcut? I tried creating a Word macro using the macro recording in Word,
> but it does not seem to be able to do anything on the Add-in menu (macro
> comes out blank after recording).

It's nearly impossible to do this in modern versions of Word, because of the way the ribbon works.

It wouldn't be impossible to add a shortcut for this, though. Let me go through the code a little. In the meantime, I'll add a bug for this in the repository.

Regards,
Ryan

Charles Aschmann

Jan 10, 2016, 12:09:54 AM1/10/16
to felix...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the confirmation Ryan. It means less head banging against the
wall of MS Word.

Charles Aschmann