Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments in Multidisciplinary Design Optimization

fche...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2008, 10:04:28 AM9/11/08
to Surrogates and Simple Toolboxes
Dear all,

Here it is a review on design and analysis of computer experiments:

T. W. Simpson, V. Toropov, V. Balabanov, and F. A. C. Viana, "DESIGN
AND ANALYSIS OF COMPUTER EXPERIMENTS IN MULTIDISCIPLINARY DESIGN
OPTIMIZATION: A REVIEW OF HOW FAR WE HAVE COME – OR NOT," in:
Proceedings of the 12th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and
Optimization Conference - 2008 MAO, Victoria, Canada, September 10-12,
2008.

The use of metamodeling techniques in the design and analysis of
computer experiments has progressed remarkably in the past two
decades, but how far have we really come? This is the question that we
investigate in this paper, namely, the extent to which the use of
metamodeling techniques in multidisciplinary design optimization have
evolved in the two decades since the seminal paper on Design and
Analysis of Computer Experiments by Sacks et al. As part of this
review, we examine the motivation for advancements in metamodeling
techniques from both a historical perspective and the research itself.
Based on current thrusts in the field, we emphasize multi-level/multi-
fidelity approximations and ensembles of metamodels, as well as the
availability of metamodels within commercial software and for design
space exploration and visualization in this review. Our closing
remarks offer insight into future research directions – nearly the
same ones that have motivated us in the past.

You can find more about it on:
http://fchegury.110mb.com/publications.html

All the best,
Felipe