Routes for rides - if you have ideas for rides ranging from 2 hours to all day, here's a place to discuss them.

Gary and Beverley Stoneley

Mar 21, 2009, 11:36:38 PM3/21/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Just some ideas on a couple of rides I would like to do over the next
couple of months, before Winter sets in and as preparation for winter
rides.

Feilding - Napier and Return. Travelling up on back roads (sealed) and
back via Highway 50. Stopping for a feed at The Loading Ramp, Havelock
North.

Feilding - Ohakune - Wanganui Loop - Lunch Stop at Ohakune. Either
direction. Total time about 4 hours or less.

Feilding Napier Taupo Loop. This ride could go either direction and
will give a variety of riding conditions, road surfaces etc. It would
effectively be a one day ride leaving about 9:00 with 2 main stops,
Havelock North / Napier and Turangi with an optional stop at Taihape

Kiwikat

Apr 19, 2009, 5:01:35 AM4/19/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
What amazing motorcycling weather we have been having. Hopefully it
will continue for another few weeks.

Anyway this is about next Sunday's ride to Hawkes Bay. It will be nice
to catch up with all of you again.

Over the next couple of days the route will be finalised so please
keep checking the 'Rides and Events' page. The roads up to the Bay are
in a good condition at the moment and a pleasure to ride on and some
of the scenery is absolutely stunning.

This will be leisurely social ride and we want to encourage newer
riders to take part. There is plenty of time to complete the route and
we will be keeping the pace down and stopping at regular intervals so
that we can regroup and chat. There is no problem with riders
overtaking or going ahead as long as they remember that others have to
catch up. At a couple of places there will be shorter 'Cheat' Routes
or extended twisties available to choose from with a common
checkpoint. (Thanks Neil for your suggestion)

One practice that would be good to see happening is the second (2nd)
rider taking point duty at intersections. This effectively means that
the 2nd rider stops at the intersection until ALL riders have
passed.This ensures that no one gets lost and the rider can then ride
through the field as they wish.

Remember we welcome all sensible and safe riders from around the
region to participate in our rides, so feel free to tell them about
it.

See you Sunday, Gary. p.s. don't forget to share those ride
ideas.