View this page "Rides and Events Schedule 2009"

Administrator

Mar 17, 2009, 3:39:31 AM3/17/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Kiwikat

Apr 2, 2009, 2:58:40 AM4/2/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
I am looking forward to catching up with a few of you again on Sunday.
There will be some new faces along. The weather forecast is for a
sunny day.

The Route for the ride can be downloaded and printed if you wish and
is listed as Google Maps Mar 28 on your web page (recent pages and
files).

Also, you must check out Steves awesome photos and video from the
first ride on the discussion pages. (Stylish exit Neil)

Cheers Gary

Admin-Gary

Apr 14, 2009, 2:15:07 AM4/14/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
It has been awesome metting up with you all for rides recently.

Don't forget to note your calendar for upcoming events this month.
Mark (Bonez) and I had an awesome ride up to Hawkes Bay yesterday
checking out some fantastic roads for our ride in two weeks. The
scenery was amazing. The food was great too.

If you have some good ideas for rides, bring your ideas along to
Murray's Irish Bar (Ferguson St., Feilding for our next meeting.) What
is your feedback on the rides we've had so far? Your opinions and
ideas are important.

Cheers Gary.

p.s. We are caravaning out at Camp Rangi Woods, Totara Reserve this
weekend so if you are out that way pop in for a coffee.

Kiwikat

Apr 22, 2009, 5:04:30 PM4/22/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The latest long range forecast for this ride is for showers in
Manawatu and slighty overcast weather at Hastings with a High of 21.So
dress for changeable weather and temperatures. This is a good time to
test that winter riding gear before the cold and wet weather bites. If
the weather for any of our rides forces cancellation an email will be
sent to all members before 7:30am on the day otherwise turn up at
Feilding BP before 9:30am. ready to roll.

It would also be great to have as many people as possible at next
Wednesday's Meeting so that we can schedule some winter events and
start some detailed planning. If you can't make it please pass your
ideas onto someone else.

The overnight trip to Tokaanu has been canceled as some issues have
arisen with this event which does not make it viable at the present
time. This trip was an awesome idea and Simon has put a lot of work
into this which is appreciated. We hope we will be able to hold this
event at a later date. An alternative local day ride will held in its
place. Thank you to everyone for helping to get these events and the
new club up and running.

Admin-Gary

Apr 25, 2009, 3:34:34 PM4/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The ride today is all on, Weather is looking fair.

See you all there, 9:30 Feilding or 10:00 am Ashhurst. If not have a
great day wherever you are.

Nigel

May 1, 2009, 7:57:13 PM5/1/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Proposed Ride Sunday 10 May (Mother's Day)

Ride Distance Approx 250 km

Depart BP [B]Feilding[/B] 10.00 a.m. heading north up Kimbolton Road
[B]Colyton[/B] via Colyton Road
[B]Awahou North[/B] via Taionui Road, Valley Road, Pohangina Road and
Pohangina Valley East Road
[B]Komako[/B] Still on Pohangina Valley East Road
[B]Apiti[/B] via Oroua Valley Road
[B]Kimbolten (Toilet stop)[/B] Via Oroua Valley Road, Apiti Road and
Rangiwahia Road

Those that need to get home home early can return to Feilding from
here making a trip of around about 125km

[B]Rangiwahia[/B] Heading back north along Rangiwahia Road (Quite
windy in places and some loose chips)
[B]Mangaweka[/B] via Ruahine Road. (Bring your camera)

Pit stop / toilet stop at Mangaweka Service Station (DC3 Plane)

[B]Hunterville[/B] Via SH2

Suggest we stop at a Cafe here for lunch. People can then make their
own way home via SH2 or back north 5km and over Vinegar Hill. Going
back to Feilding via Vinegar Hill brings the ride distance to
approximately 250km

If the weather is fine tomorrow Sunday 3 May I will be checking the
ride route out. The Pohangina Valley East road is superb for spirited
riding but care must be taken on several corners after long straits
for loose chips as you won't be able to stop in time. The road
between Kimbolten and Rangiwahia has many tight corners and some loose
chips. It's fine to ride on however. Ruahine Road to Managweka has
some great scenery so we may want to stop to take photos.

Like other rides the second rider will need to stop at corners so that
no one overshoots. All roads on this ride are sealed but if you wrong
you could end up on a gravel road.

Cheers
Nigel

Admin-Gary

May 2, 2009, 1:44:17 AM5/2/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Next weekends Sunday Ride which is being organised by Nigel is now on
the website.

At last weeks meeting rides a variety of rides were planned through to
August.

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Thanks Nigel for the hard work.

Admin-Gary

May 9, 2009, 1:21:55 AM5/9/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Don't forget Mothers Day tomorrow, flowers, chocy's and AWESOME RIDE
at 10:00am if the weather holds out. I'm looking forward to a great
day.

Any details about Cancellation or postponement should be advised
through this discussion thread.

Kiwikat

May 9, 2009, 4:10:27 PM5/9/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Today's Ride - There are some large patches of blue sky opening up,
temperature is rising and we've had no rain for the last hour so the
ride is looking good at this stage. However stormy weather is still
forecast so it might change.

Kiwikat

May 9, 2009, 5:23:11 PM5/9/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Today's ride has been postponed.

After a partially fine start to the day wet weather has moved in from
the South East. I enjoyed the 2hours of blue sky.

Admin-Gary

May 12, 2009, 3:22:58 PM5/12/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Last weeks ride which was postponed due to bad weather is now on for
this Sunday subject to fine weather. Ride organised by Nigel.

Cheers, Gary

Kiwikat

May 29, 2009, 5:58:01 AM5/29/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Steve has done an awesome job putting together this Sunday's ride to
Martinborough. Once again the weather is looking dicey but everything
is crossed for luck. Meeting 10:00 at the start of the Pahiatua
Track / Aokautere Corner.

If postponed we will try to run this next weekend. Click on the link
below.

Admin-Gary

May 30, 2009, 3:25:40 PM5/30/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Once again the weather gods are angry.

The Met Service forecast for Gale force winds, sleet and snow down to
200metres in Wairarapa and Manawatu starting this morning is still in
place. Although very calm and still here it has started raining in
South Wairarapa and the winds are increasing. Enjoy the day, make
snowmen and we will ride next week.
You are encouraged to reply to this group post.

Blade

May 30, 2009, 5:08:13 PM5/30/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Such a shame. I have been looking forward to meeting you all but the
the weather has gotten in the way for the last few rides. I took the
day off work and got out on Friday so I guess I got my fix :)

Cheers for now, maybe next time. The weather looks to be improving on
Monday if it does I will be on the bike.

Steve VStrom

Jun 4, 2009, 5:32:01 AM6/4/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Ride this Sunday - Lunch in Martinborough via back roads.

The weather forecast for the Wairarapa and Manawatu is good: partly
sunny and no rain.

Its going to be a great ride, and THIS TIME it will not be cancelled!

Kiwikat

Jun 5, 2009, 3:19:52 AM6/5/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
This Sunday's ride to Martinborough is on. Let's not be put off by a
little bit of wind, rain, snow or tsunami. For 'out of towners' we
will be meeting at the bottom of the Pahiatua Track / Fitzherbert East
Road Corner. Any Feilding Riders wanting to leave feilding as a group
we will be leaving Feilding BP at 9:30 sharp. Click the link to view
Steve's route.

Bandit Rider

Jun 8, 2009, 4:35:17 AM6/8/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Great ride Radar & Gary. A shame about Gerble and the little bit of
rain we got in places but it's winter. My write-up is here:
http://banditrider.blogspot.com/2009/06/wairarapa-in-winter.html along
with a linky to my pics.

Looking forward to the next pootle...

On Jun 5, 12:19 am, Kiwikat <gbstone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This Sunday's ride to Martinborough is on. Let's not be put off by a
> little bit of wind, rain, snow or tsunami. For 'out of towners' we
> will be meeting at the bottom of the Pahiatua Track / Fitzherbert East
> Road Corner. Any Feilding Riders wanting to leave feilding as a group
> we will be leaving Feilding BP at 9:30 sharp. Click the link to view
> Steve's route.
>
> Click onhttp://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-eve...

Admin-Gary

Jun 12, 2009, 9:00:42 PM6/12/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Next weekends ride is coming up. For something different why not do
the night run to Wellington. Any updated information will be posted on
the website during the week.

Click on http://groups.google.co.nz/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en

Gizmo

Jun 16, 2009, 5:14:49 AM6/16/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Is aanyone intrested in coming on this ride?

On Jun 13, 1:00 pm, Admin-Gary <visualisethefut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Next weekends ride is coming up. For something different why not do
> the night run to Wellington. Any updated information will be posted on
> the website during the week.
>
> Click onhttp://groups.google.co.nz/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-e...

Gizmo

Jun 19, 2009, 4:21:32 AM6/19/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Due to the lack of intrest this ride is cancelled.
See you all at the meeting this wednesday.
> > work.- Hide quoted text -

Kiwikat

Jul 2, 2009, 5:02:57 AM7/2/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Anyone looking for a fun social ride that supports a good cause, Otaki
Social Riders have got a ride heading out this Sunday. It is for a
really good cause.

I've added details to our Rides and Events Page. For more information
you can check out the following link http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=100332

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en

Kiwikat

Jul 7, 2009, 12:16:59 AM7/7/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
This Sunday's ride is a classic. Bring your cameras, wrap warm. The
forecast is looking good. YIPPEE! If you could reply to this email
and let us know if you are coming that would be great. Cheers Gary

Admin-Gary

Jul 11, 2009, 4:39:44 PM7/11/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Not suitable weather for the Fields Track run today - typical Sunday -
so meeting at Ferilding BP at 10:00 for a cafe run.

Admin-Gary

Jul 25, 2009, 12:50:51 AM7/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The forecast is for "mostly fine" tomorrow. There is an informal ride
on tomorrow Sunday 1:00pm - Meet at Feilding BP. My route - backroads
through Halcombe, (maybe Hunterville / Fordell) Marton, Turakina.
Finishing with Drinks at ??? (to be determined)

Feilding Riders Club is still very much active after an absolutely
shocking June and July. But it was winter after all but a lot colder
and wetter than I remember the last few years being.

The weather has not been kind to us and it has been frustrating
postponing and cancelling rides for weather and safety. One of our
informal rides was mostly okay then we got caught in extremly strong
winds - I love the Manawatu.

This Wednesday we have our monthly club social night at Murray's Irish
Bar in Feilding. It would be great to have a few of the old faces
there to meet some of the newer riders in our group. Let's confirm
some rides and organise a party to get over the weather.

Cheers Gary.

Click on http://groups.google.co.nz/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en

Kiwikat

Aug 1, 2009, 4:20:58 PM8/1/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
It's fine weather in Hawkes Bay so it's out to the coast for today's
ride. Meet at BP Feilding at 10:00am. Then to Dannevirke and onwards.
A good chance to get out for those who can make it. Thanks Brent
for organising this

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en

Kiwikat

Aug 18, 2009, 3:58:46 PM8/18/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Hi everyone.

Welcome to all new riders on our contact list.
Sorry that there hasn't been a lot of communication over the past
couple of weeks about what is happening with Rides and stuff. I hope
you have been able to get out and about on your bikes. i know that the
rides we have held have been successful, even if we do get lost
sometimes.

This Sunday we have a group ride planned Leaving Feilding BP at 10:00.
Check the Rides and Events Link for more details.

On the 3rd October we are joing with other local riders for an end of
winter BBQ. All invited. More details to come.

Also Labour weekend - a chance to get away.

Cheers Gary.

Blade

Aug 23, 2009, 4:45:39 PM8/23/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Hi All

Not flash for me yesterday. Still don't know what happened. The
front was diving a bit under braking. All I remember was the front
ducking in and a front washout. Its possible the brakes locked, new
brake pads?

Anyways I am fine except for bruising and a broken rib, hurts like a
bitch though. Got to sleep sitting up can't breathe to hard, cough or
laugh:(

Good to hear that the rest of the ride was okay. I still have to pick
up the bike, its pretty battered.

Cheers for now

Alastair

Bandit Rider

Aug 24, 2009, 2:53:18 AM8/24/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Not good Alistair! Really sorry about ya prang and sorry that we
weren't there to help pick up the pieces. Hope the body and bike
recover completely. Don't go doing it again, ok?

Kiwikat

Aug 25, 2009, 3:26:33 AM8/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
That time of the month has come around so fast.

Club social meeting night is tomorrow at Murray's Irish Bar, Ferguson
Street, Feilding.
Come along and meet some of the other riders.
Share your ideas for rides. If you can make it please do

Kiwikat

Aug 30, 2009, 3:53:25 AM8/30/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
If you went on the Wanganui TOMCC Charity run today I hope you had a
great ride.

So coming up - Fields Track, Sunday 13th September.
Labour Weekend, East Cape to New Plymouth.

Admin-Gary

Sep 10, 2009, 1:50:12 AM9/10/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
This should be a fantastic Spring ride. Fine weather and beautiful
scenery. Please reply to me if you are thinking of coming. It will be
a quiet run. Ride at you own pace.

Ps. to Bladerunner (Alistair) hope you're mending fast

Kiwikat

Sep 26, 2009, 2:17:41 AM9/26/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Short Notice Ride - Taranaki / Te Kuiti Tomorrow.

Admin-Gary

Oct 7, 2009, 1:57:56 AM10/7/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
We will be supporting this Ride on Sunday

Check the Rides and Events page.

Admin-Gary

Oct 21, 2009, 3:51:43 AM10/21/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
NO ride this Weekend, Next Ride 1st November.

Kiwikat

Oct 25, 2009, 1:33:15 AM10/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Bikoi Ride 17th November

Kiwikat

Oct 27, 2009, 3:32:56 AM10/27/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Just a reminder - Drinks / meeting / social time. This Wednesday at
7:30pm.
Murrays Irish Bar

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009

Admin-Gary

Oct 28, 2009, 4:51:34 AM10/28/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)

Admin-Gary

Nov 14, 2009, 3:35:46 AM11/14/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Ride tomorrow, subject to weather. Also Bikoi Tuesday and Food Bank
Ride 19th December and group BBQ.

Admin-Gary

Nov 16, 2009, 1:22:52 AM11/16/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Because of numbers and organisation issues we need to be at the square
in Palmy before 8:30 so will need to leave Feilding at 8:00. It should
be a good day, no wind.

Leave with a full tank.

Admin-Gary

Nov 22, 2009, 11:34:54 PM11/22/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The last social meeting for the club this year is on this Wednesday
25th November at Murrays Irish Bar. Come along and join us for a few
drinks. Rides link attached.

Kiwikat

Dec 13, 2009, 2:01:21 AM12/13/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Christmas BBQ - Drinks Next Saturday 19th December

You Are Invited.. Come along, have some fun.

Kiwikat

Jan 24, 2010, 1:41:39 AM1/24/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Wednesday Night Ride and Social Meeting - 27th January
meetings - Last Wednesday of each month.

Kiwikat

Feb 10, 2010, 7:07:32 PM2/10/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The first Ride and meeting for the year went really well. A quick run
out past Vinegar Hill, down SH1 and finishing at Murrays for a light
feed.

At the moment there are no organised rides at all as no one seems to
want to take responsibility for setting them up. It is a really easy
thing to do and we should keep it running. So guys, I put too much
time into it last year and don't want to do it all.

If you enjoyed the rides last year awesome... Now how about setting
one up..

The following suggestions have been made...

Meet on Saturdays for some rides
.... SPRING PATISSERIE and CAFE on Manchester Square is an awesome
meeting place. What about meeting at 10am Saturdays. with bikes and
flyers. have a coffee and chat, with partners etc. and those who want
to go for a run

Wednesday night rides. make the most of the evening Meet at BP
Feilding every Wednesday,

Long Distance Sunday Rides.... Like last year. Over to Martinborough,
Rimutakas, Wanganui Loop.? Wellington Bays ride.

Take an idea and run with it. personally I like the Saturday meets
to help build a profile. What are your thoughts.

next ride ??? I will do one to Martinborough Saturday 27th or 28th if
wet.

Cheers Gary 027 2469778

Admin-Gary

Feb 13, 2010, 6:36:26 PM2/13/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Rides Update

Admin-Gary

Feb 21, 2010, 12:35:32 AM2/21/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Hi everyone. Just a couple of reminders..... Wednesday night ride this
week, Saturday 10:00am Cafe ride and meet. First time for this. A good
turnout would be awesome. Also date for the M to M ride has
changed. We have had some promotional flyers designed by Kevie.
Thanks for that. A great idea. Ride Safely, Gary.

Admin-Gary

Mar 2, 2010, 11:48:17 PM3/2/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Just a reminder......... This Saturday is the big Fundraising Ride for
Ronald McDonald house. Registration is from 8:30 am at Palmy
Square...... leaving 10am.

Come on everyone.... lets support this one..... Leaving Feilding BP
@8:40am sharp, for anyone wanting to go as a group. Bring the
partners, weather should be mint.

Admin-Gary

Mar 10, 2010, 2:37:17 AM3/10/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Feilding Riders - Saturday coffee meet and ride this Saturday. Springs
cafe and Patisserie. Manchester Square Feilding 10.00am.

Admin-Gary

Mar 23, 2010, 1:56:28 AM3/23/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
just a note to say that we will be riding tomorrow, Wednesday 24th at
6:00pm from Feilding BP if the weather is fine. Social night is next
Wednesday the 31st at Murray's. Cafe meet and ride this Saturday
10:00am for anyone interested.

I will update the web pages when i get some time. Take Care, ride
safe, GARY.

Admin-Gary

Mar 30, 2010, 4:18:19 AM3/30/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Just a late update..... I've been so busy.

Last Wednesday night ride for this summer, tomorrow 31st March.
Leaving Feilding BP at 6pm. Returning about 7:15pm to Murray's for
drinks nibbles and chat.

There will be a backroads / Hawkes Bay ride in a couple of weeks,
heading through Patangata or Havelock North for lunch.

come along tomorrow for a ride and a chat and lets organise some fun
outings.

Admin-Gary

Apr 13, 2010, 1:47:42 AM4/13/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Hi everyone. This weekend we have an organised ride up to Hawkes Bay.
This an awesome route. Click on the link or go to the Rides and Events
page on the website. See you there.

Kiwikat

Apr 16, 2010, 9:32:27 PM4/16/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The weather is looking good for a run to the Bay tomorrow. Lunch will
be awesome who's in?

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/feilding-riders-club/web/rides-and-events-schedule-2009?hl=en
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Nigel

Apr 16, 2010, 9:50:27 PM4/16/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
I'm in. See you all tomorrow.

Nigel

Mike and Angie

Apr 16, 2010, 10:42:56 PM4/16/10
to gbsto...@gmail.com, Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Sorry, I'd love to go, but am on call.
Have a great ride,
Mike

Kiwikat

May 3, 2010, 3:32:31 AM5/3/10
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Things have been very quiet this year with the Feilding Group and
followers.

This is just a quick message to say that I will be unable to organise
any more rides and events until the spring as Bev and I are focussing
on saving every penny for our USA trip in July and August.

Enjoy the road and stay safe. Gary.