From The Meetings

Kiwikat

Mar 25, 2009, 2:25:14 PM3/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Over the past month we have had :

Formation meeting - 3 people, first ride 13 people, 2nd. meeting 25th
March 1 people. 4 apologies.

A variety of rides are to be organised with shorter to medium rides
being the norm and possibly a couple of long rides 600 to 1000km over
the year. Newer and returning riders are welcome and will be supported
within the group.

At this stage rides are running every 3rd weekend with the first few
being set up now.

A safety locator GPS was shown.
Barry from Freedom Suzuki has come on board with offer of prizes and
support.
We will approach Barry for recovery trailer support.

Ride dates Sunday 5th April Southern Hawkes Bay
Sunday 26th April - Napier
Saturday 9th May - Tokaanu - overnighter
(refer to rides page for more info)
There was discussion on where rides should leave from. A petrol
station forecourt may be a better departure point.
We will also link into other regions motorcycling events on occasion.

Note : Rides and events should to be updated with details on the
'Rides and events' page. Members can do this.
Also add on other interesting local events.

Thanks to everyone for getting on board with this.
Next social meeting Wednesday 29th April, 7:30 pm at Murray's. (with
nibbles)

Next meeting

Administrator

Mar 26, 2009, 6:23:15 AM3/26/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Edit re: errors
2nd. meeting 25th March 11 people. 4 apologies.

Radars suggestions of South Wairarapa rides and linking into
Wellington groups discussed.

Also a possible shortest day / night ride to Wellington discussed.

The Levin and Rongotea members from the first ride were acknowleged
( not able to make meeting).

Kiwikat

May 2, 2009, 1:53:37 AM5/2/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
At the meeting on 27th April we discussed our completed rides and
practices. We will continue using the practice of the 2nd rider taking
point on corners and it was agreed that the lead rider should weat a
fluoro vest. Future rides were scheduled to August. It was agreed the
format of the club should stay informal as this is easier for all
concerned and nobody wants to go down the formal structure line.

Kiwikat

Jun 24, 2009, 4:55:09 AM6/24/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)

Hi everyone. It was a quiet meeting tonight but well worthwhile. It
was nice to meet up with Bevan (Boulevard 800).

Thanks to everyone who said they couldn't make it and have given input
on future rides. It is really hard to get moving on those winter
nights.

Al has confirmed that the Fields Track ride on the 12th July is a
definite goer. Hopefully the weather is good for this one. The weather
has been the major issue for our winter rides (strange that) so one
option is to make our ride days more flexible. Perhaps if the long
range Sunday forecast is bad we bring a ride forward to the Saturday.

If you are planning on going on an impromptu local ride why not log
onto the website. It is really simple to email everyone to let them
know your ride plans by logging onto the websites. You have several
main options
1) go to the Rides and Events webpage - click edit
(you don't have to enter or change anything) and then click save and
publish. This will give you a message panel you can type into to send
to every member
2) go to any discussion page and scroll down to last
discussion and click reply (to all members) then type your message
3) click reply on any Feilding Riders email you
receive

Another option is to go to the Feilding Riders Kiwibiker Site
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=94509 (go to last
page) and post your ride details.

Starting this Sunday we are going to trial Informal rides meeting at
Feilding BP at 1:00pm. If 2 people turn up it's worth the ride. I'll
be there this Sunday weather permitting.

Regards, Gary.