Meeting Format / Agenda and discussion topics.

Admin-Gary

Apr 27, 2009, 3:01:49 AM4/27/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
3rd Monthly Social Meeting.

This weeks meeting is on at 7:30pm at Murray's Irish Bar Feilding.
There will be a few nibbles supplied free of charge.

There is also good menu so if you are interested in coming in earlier
for a meal send me a reply and I will meet you there.

As the club is progressing well we now need to start slowly tidying up
a few things to ensure it's future success. This meeting will probably
be the most important one so please, if you can be there - do.

1) Completed rides.

The club has now had three successful rides with a good attendance on
each ride. Thank you for everyone who has been involved. We now need
to review our rides and discuss what has worked well, what we can
improve on and what members would like to see in future rides.

2) Calendar of future events

There are many choices for long and short rides ranging from a couple
of hours to a few days. We need an idea of what rides you want to do,
when you want to do them and which ones you are prepared to help out
with. We all have very busy private lives so to ensure success we need
to plan well ahead for any major excursions so that we can give
members details well in advance. There are also local and natiuonal
events we can work with. Remember rides are flexible (weather etc.)
and we welcome all sensible riders.

3) Club structure

This will be an 'over winter' project. The reality is that we will
need to formalise our club structure and clarify our groups aims and
responsibilities. We need your ideas and opinions on this. The
procedure is necessary but can very simple.

Wow - All this to discuss - Oh yeah and drinks and nibbles and awesome
company.

See you there, Gary Or reply to me with your ideas so I
can take them along.

Look forward to seeing you there P.S. bring a friend.

Admin-Gary

Apr 29, 2009, 2:39:14 AM4/29/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
The weather is nasty tonight but the meeting is still on. It's not an
issue if you choose to stay indoors.

Gary.

Admin-Gary

May 25, 2009, 3:07:47 AM5/25/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Well the weather has certainly been wet and cold. Our monthly social
get together for drinks and chat is on again this coming Wednesday
night at Murray's Irish Bar in Feilding. Why not put on the winter
woolies and come along. Guiness on tap to get rid of those early
winter ills and leave your worries behind.

It's a bit unfortunate that the last ride was canceled but with 3
weeks of wild winter weather in May (a bit early methinks) we didn't
have much choice.

Improving weather is forecast so this weekends Sunday ride to
Martinborough should be fantastic. More details on this ride will be
sent out to you over the next few days.

I hope to see you along at the meeting on Wednesday or at the ride on
Sunday.

Cheers Gary.

Admin-Gary

Jun 22, 2009, 5:18:03 AM6/22/09
to Feilding Riders Club (Motorcycling)
Wednesday 7:30 - Feilding Riders Club Meeting

Welcome to our newer members.

This Wednesday night at Murray's in Feilding we will be getting
together for drinks and to rehash our rides program for the next few
months.

At the last meeting we discussed proposals for a Taranaki weekend
staying at a backpackers, possibly with a Poker run around the
mountain on the Saturday. Other proposed rides coming up include an
excursion across Fields Track and a Tour de Manawatu challenge. With
the weather supposedly on the improve I hope we are able to get these
running nicely.

Over the past couple of months it has been pretty damned cold and wet
at times and this has put the damper on some rides. The burger run
would have been awesome (but cold) but in the end there was too much
other stuff happening. Several of our members have also been
preoccupied with other things so our club activity has been pretty
quiet.

Let's all crank it up a bit and perhaps all get together for a night
out. Kick it off this Wednesday night at Murray's and then perhaps a
midwinter function later on.

Oh, and when you come along on Wednesday if you know another local
Motorcycle rider, bring them along to say gidday.

Cheers Gary.