Shortcuts for fefoo

Paul M. Boren

Jul 16, 2009, 10:53:22 PM7/16/09
to fefoo
Just started using fefoo and really like using the colon commands via
the toolbar. It's also pretty cool how you can compare results
between search engines simply by clicking on the toolbar icons.

I was wondering if there is any way to resolve the conflicting
keyboard shortcuts for certain commands. The easiest example of this
is how "Google Custom" is listed in more than one category. I'll try
to illustrate my point further with a couple lists of shortcuts:

Web*
===
:as(k)
:bi(ng)
:ch(acha)
:cl(usty)
:cu(il)
:dog(pile)
:du(ckduckgo)
:go(ogle)
:ha(kia)
:le(xxe)
:q(uintura)
:se(archme)
:spe(zify)
:vie(wzi)
:wo(lfram)
:y(ahoo!)
:de(l.icio.us)
:mi(ddlespot)

Images*
======
:i
:fl(ickr)
Google
:googles(imilarimages)
:pica(sa)
:pi(csearch)
:pix(sy)
:webs(hots)
Yahoo!
:yau(ba)
:dev(iantART)

As you can see, using ":go" or ":y" keyboard shortcuts works for web
search, but conflict with their spelling in the Images category. It
would be nice to make these and other commands available via the colon
command without having to make drastic changes the menu listing.

Thanks.

Vivek Jishtu

Jul 17, 2009, 2:09:46 AM7/17/09
to fe...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Paul M. Boren <pmb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just started using fefoo and really like using the colon commands via
the toolbar.  It's also pretty cool how you can compare results
between search engines simply by clicking on the toolbar icons.

Thanks for using fefoo

I was wondering if there is any way to resolve the conflicting
keyboard shortcuts for certain commands.  The easiest example of this
is how "Google Custom" is listed in more than one category.  I'll try
to illustrate my point further with a couple lists of shortcuts:

In most cases when Google Custom is there it is the first engine in the list. For example if you want to search on "Google Custom Recipes" you can use the command :rec or for "Google Custom Movies" use :mo
If you want to search on "Google Image Search" you can use ":googlei". For Yahoo! Image Search I will probably change the the name of the engine to Yahoo! Image Search, then you can use the command ":yahoo!i" for it.

Thanks.

Paul M. Boren

Jul 17, 2009, 5:08:00 PM7/17/09
to fefoo