MyBrand Functionality not Working

Jason N. Gaylord

Jan 30, 2009, 9:13:02 AM1/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I've migrated over to Google and now the MyBrand functionality doesn't
seem to be working. My RSS feed at http://weblogs.asp.net/jgaylord/privaterss.aspx
is setup to work with Feedburner and serve content to
http://feeds.jasongaylord.com/JasonNGaylord. However, I get a 404. I
made the necessary DNS changes and choose ReSync in the Feed
Troubleshooter. What's going on?

etlund

Jan 30, 2009, 11:57:28 AM1/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I'm having the same problem. I moved to Google, updated my CNAME and
now all my feeds are showing 404 errors (although the Original Feed
address is still working)

Help!

On Jan 30, 7:13 am, Jason N. Gaylord wrote:
> I've migrated over to Google and now the MyBrand functionality doesn't
> seem to be working. My RSS feed athttp://weblogs.asp.net/jgaylord/privaterss.aspx
> is setup to work with Feedburner and serve content tohttp://feeds.jasongaylord.com/JasonNGaylord. However, I get a 404. I

etlund

Jan 30, 2009, 12:05:37 PM1/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Just did some experimenting with the CNAME record. My feeds work if I
use feedproxy.google.com instead of the odd address I was given when I
migrated to Google.

Instead of:

feeds CNAME ericcoolworks.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.

This seems to work:
feeds CNAME feedproxy.google.com.

Not sure for how long it will work, but it's working now.

Eric

Jason N. Gaylord

Feb 3, 2009, 4:53:53 PM2/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I'll try that. Mine was jasongaylordgmail.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.
I'm switching it now to that feedproxy.google.com.
> > > Troubleshooter. What's going on?- Hide quoted text -

Jason N. Gaylord

Feb 3, 2009, 4:56:13 PM2/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I also blogged this here: http://weblogs.asp.net/jgaylord/archive/2009/02/03/google-ignoring-feedburner.aspx

Oh and it doesn't seem to be working yet. I'll try to resync the feed.

etlund

Feb 3, 2009, 11:02:23 PM2/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Unfortunately, my hack no longer seems to be working.
I have not found a way to get the MyBrand feature to work.

So much for Feedburner.

On Feb 3, 4:56 pm, Jason N. Gaylord wrote:
> I also blogged this here:http://weblogs.asp.net/jgaylord/archive/2009/02/03/google-ignoring-fe...
>
> Oh and it doesn't seem to be working yet. I'll try to resync the feed.
>
> On Jan 30, 12:05 pm, etlund wrote:
>

> > Just did some experimenting with the CNAME record.  My feeds work if I
> > use feedproxy.google.com instead of the odd address I was given when I
> > migrated to Google.
>
> > Instead of:
>
> > feeds CNAME ericcoolworks.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.
>
> > This seems to work:
> > feeds CNAME feedproxy.google.com.
>
> > Not sure for how long it will work, but it's working now.
>
> > Eric
>
> > On Jan 30, 9:57 am, etlund wrote:
>
> > > I'm having the same problem.  I moved to Google, updated my CNAME and
> > > now all my feeds are showing 404 errors (although the Original Feed
> > > address is still working)
>
> > > Help!

etlund

Feb 3, 2009, 11:06:03 PM2/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Of course. The minute I post about things still being broken, I try
one more time and it's fixed!

I did change the CNAME back to the originally suggested
blahblah.feedproxy.ghs.google.com. Did a resync and I'm back in
business.
Hopefully for good.

Matt S.

Feb 5, 2009, 9:49:37 AM2/5/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
We found (and fixed) some inconsistencies related to MyBrand for
recent publishers — our apologies for the hassle, you should be in
good shape once again.

Tsoots (2)

Feb 5, 2009, 3:27:04 PM2/5/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
My feeds have now been down for three weeks because of a mybrand
issue. I wonder if you'll get rest of us in good shape in near future.

I cannot activate MyBrand because it's saying my domain
feeds.tsoots.fi is already in use. Must say i feel a bit frustrated at
the moment.