Update feed description

Sara Murphy

Apr 26, 2022, 2:25:10 PM4/26/22
to Feedly Cloud
I'm a backend developer creating feeds for our site. We changed our description format. Feedly has the correct format for new items but old items are not updated. Is this intended behavior? Is there anything I can do to prompt feedly to refresh/update old items?

David Chatenay

Apr 26, 2022, 5:44:17 PM4/26/22
to Sara Murphy, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Sara,
  Yes, this is the intended behavior. Feedly can update older articles provided a feed has more than 20 followers. However, Feedly can only update articles currently returned by the RSS feed (typically 20-50), so it will not be able to update every old article that was published.
  Unfortunately there's no easy way to update an entire feed right now: It would have to be a custom job and require some way for Feedly to fetch the entire feed.
  In general though, this isn't a big issue: articles older than 31 days are auto-marked as read, and Feedly readers rarely look at articles older than that unless they saved them in boards.
  I hope this helps.
  Best regards,

--
David Chatenay