Advice on how to start

kay

Oct 25, 2022, 10:38:26 PM10/25/22
to Feedly Cloud
Hi !

It's my first time using the Feedly api and i am unfamiliar with the use of api. So i got kind of confused with the documentation.

I would like to establish a connection with the api. How can i access the json file to a particular feed that i have curated? (Using python)

Thank you.

kay

Oct 26, 2022, 5:07:47 AM10/26/22
to Feedly Cloud
I tried to follow instructions online, and i am getting an error "missing client id"

import requests

FEEDLY_CLIENT_ID = "abc"
FEEDLY_CLIENT_SECRET = "xyz"

headers = {
'Authorization': 'OAuth {FEEDLY_CLIENT_SECRET}',
'response_type': 'code',
'client_id': FEEDLY_CLIENT_ID,
}
response = requests.get('https://cloud.feedly.com/v3/auth/auth', headers=headers)

print(str(response.content))

-----
Q1. can someone who has done authentication using python please advice how I should write the authentication code? and what imports should i make? I've been seeing may kinds of imports i.e. feedly_client, client, etc

Q2. Can someone also explain to me whats the difference between secret code, access token and refresh token. Sorry I got really confused reading the documentation
I've got the developer's access token, is that the access token or secret code?

Thank you.

David Chatenay

Oct 26, 2022, 5:58:20 AM10/26/22
to kay, Feedly Cloud
  HI Kay,
  Please take a look at developer tokens. Assuming you're developing a personal application, it should be good enough. You can also take a look at our Python API client.
  The OAuth integration (with client id and client secret) is only required if you intend to develop a public app. If that is the case, please use the sandbox key. As noted, we rarely grant new API keys, so please contact us if you are trying to build a new app.
  I hope this helps.
  Best,

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer

kay

Nov 23, 2022, 3:16:25 AM11/23/22
to Feedly Cloud
Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I have another question relating to how do I update the attributes in the metadata of an article?

E.g. I would like to mark a feed as " Less like this" which requires an object of "Feedback" in the metadata of the article

data["feedback"] = {
 "description": "other",
"reason": "user"}

How can i post the changes via the feedly api? I can't seem to find relevant articles or guides on the developer site.

Appreciate your help. Thank you

david

Nov 23, 2022, 1:31:45 PM11/23/22
to Feedly Cloud
  Hi,
  Sorry, feedback is an internal property/API, it's used for our own machine learning engine.
  You will need to keep track of this type of information in your own database.
  Best,

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer

kay

Nov 23, 2022, 8:10:12 PM11/23/22
to Feedly Cloud
So I can't use Feedly's API to mark articles as "less like that"?

kay

Nov 23, 2022, 10:58:05 PM11/23/22
to Feedly Cloud
Hi David,

Sorry, let me rephrase.
On Feedly interface we can mark articles with "less like this"
E.g.
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 11.54.39 AM.png

Is there an equivalent via API? Or a way to mark articles with "Less like this" via the api?

Thank you!