Add an article to a board via the API

Christian Au

Feb 4, 2022, 3:01:41 PM2/4/22
to Feedly Cloud
Hi, is it possible to add an article to an existing user board via API? It is possible on the website, but I could not find a corresponding function in the API documentation.

Thanks!
Christian

David Chatenay

Feb 4, 2022, 5:10:56 PM2/4/22
to Christian Au, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Christian,
  This is achieved using a PUT on the tags API ("tag an existing entry").
  You'll need the tag (=board) id and the entry id.
  The URL format is a bit funky:

"https://cloud.feedly.com/v3/tags/" + urlEncode(tagId) + "/" + urlEncode(entryId)

  Hope this helps,

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer

Christian Au

Feb 5, 2022, 3:11:15 AM2/5/22
to David Chatenay, Feedly Cloud
Thanks, David!
Follow-up question: can I create an entry from an url?

Feb 5, 2022, 3:39:53 AM2/5/22
to Christian Au, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Christian,
  Yes, assuming you are using a Feedly Developer token you should be able to create an entry using the entries API.
  Just pass the URL in the `alternate` structure, and the tag id.

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer