Duplicate canonicalUrl

Liliia Godunok

Mar 20, 2022, 2:23:56 PM3/20/22
to Feedly Cloud
Hi,

My name is Liliia and I have started working with Feedly API recently to extract the most recent articles pertaining to a certain feed to be analyzed.

I'm working through Postman, and I am receiving the response in JSON. However, it seems to have duplicate key for canonicalUrl. Because of this, I can't connect Power BI or any other BI software to fetch and parse the data from the API. Is there a solution where I can filter out that duplicate key? I know the JSON can be corrected manually, however, the file is very big, and automation is key for my project. I've been combing through the API documentation but I can't find a specific flag that lets me do it.

I would really appreciate any help from your end. Thanks.

David Chatenay

Mar 22, 2022, 3:03:07 PM3/22/22
to Liliia Godunok, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Liliia,
  Do you have some sample feed ids or entry ids I could look at? I vaguely remember we fixed a similar issue a few months back, maybe the fix wasn't through enough.
  Putting my developer hat on: JSON parsers can be configured to be "lenient" with JSON syntax and accept duplicate keys. For example the Jackson parser has a configuration key for this (FAIL_ON_READING_DUP_TREE_KEY), and it's turned off by default (because it's very common 😬). So when the parser encounters a duplicate key, it just keeps the last value.
  It's unclear to me which programming language or tools you are using, but I would recommend looking into the JSON parser configuration to see if there is a similar option you can set.
  I hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer