refresh token

H F.M

Aug 12, 2021, 9:37:56 AM8/12/21
to Feedly Cloud
Does anyone know how I can get my refresh token? I have feedly pro
Thanks

David Chatenay

Aug 12, 2021, 11:45:43 AM8/12/21
to H F.M, Feedly Cloud
  Hi,
  The refresh token is provided when you create a new developer token. If you didn't save it, you can just re-generate a new developer token: https://cloud.feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
  I hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 3:38 PM H F.M <hfakhr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know how I can get my refresh token? I have feedly pro
Thanks

H F.M

Aug 24, 2021, 3:38:40 PM8/24/21
to Feedly Cloud
Hi David,

thanks for your response. After sending a request by using refresh token I am getting only this :
<Response [200]>
no other information for the other fields. I read in the website after sending request it will automatically update the token and we can see these fields:
{ "id": "c805fcbf-3acf-4302-a97e-d82f9d7c897f", "access_token": "AQAAEg_icFaeyekDi7gKtCL9O1jh...", "expires_in": 3920, "token_type": "Bearer", "plan": "standard" }

 can it be because my token didnt expire yet? I am confused about this. I need new token for my script to get data from feedly.

Also I have another question. How many times we should send this request by using refresh token?

I appreciate if you can help me for clarification of this process.

Thanks

Hoora

H F.M

Aug 24, 2021, 5:39:30 PM8/24/21
to Feedly Cloud
Hi David,
I fixed this issue but I have another question. When I am using  "grant_type": "refresh_token" it is only providing me this information:
<Response [200]>
{'provider': 'FeedlyLogin',
 'id': 'my ID',
 'plan': 'proPlus',
 'access_token': 'My new access token',
 'token_type': 'bearer',
 'expires_in': 2678400}

but I need refresh token too. I changed "grant_type": authorization_code but it is showing me invalid syntax error. Not sure I am doing correct or not. What is authorization_code? Should I put any value for that like refresh_token?

Do you have any advise?

Thanks

David Chatenay

Aug 30, 2021, 5:30:01 AM8/30/21
to H F.M, Feedly Cloud
  Hi Hoora,
  If the server doesn't return a new refresh token, then the one you used to generate this new access token is still valid. Feedly's refresh tokens do not expire currently, so you can continue generating new access tokens as long as you have a Feedly Pro/Pro+ subscriptio.
  The `grant_type: authorization_code` is only used in the initial OAuth setup, it's done for you when you sign-in to create a developer token.
  I hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Platform Engineer