Disclaimer anyone?

1 view

CPASteve

Dec 2, 2009, 10:33:16 AM12/2/09
to FeedJournal
I'm using Feedjournal as something that I distribute to my clients.
I'm required to include a disclaimer.

Is there anyway to get FeedJournal to include certain 'fixed content',
perhaps from a feed, (though to make that work, you'd need to have
different date parameters for pulling articles from individual feeds.
Thanks,
Steve

Jonas Martinsson (FeedJournal)

Dec 3, 2009, 1:39:11 AM12/3/09
to FeedJournal
There is currently no support for disclaimers. It is a good idea to
add this to a future update, but I will be happy to know what
requirements you and anyone else have here.

How long is the disclaimer?
Where does it go in the paper?
Anything else...?

Thanks,
Jonas.

CPASteve

Dec 3, 2009, 7:44:03 AM12/3/09
to FeedJournal
If you go to my blog at http://blog.appletreebusiness.com, you can see
the Circular 230 Notice I'm required to post on virtually any
communication I make with clients.

I have a much broader idea. I suspect other publishers might too.

Similar to 'advertising', I would like to include some promotional ads
in my newsletter. In my case, I've got about 10 different ones , and
would like to 'rotate' them.

As far as 'disclaimers' go, this is really no different than the folio
section of a typical newspaper (I probably have my terms wrong), the
section of a newspaper that that typically has the name and address of
the publisher, contributing editors, circulation etc...) I know I
generally wouldn't want this particular entry to appear on the first
page.

Here's my thought:

I would create TWO additional feeds, one that I'll call appletree-
advertising, and the other called appletree-disclaimer. The
advertising feed would contain blog entries for each of my ads, with
each having a separate date. The appletree-disclaimer would have just
one blog entry containing my Circular 230 notice.

When I go to generate the PDF, I would specify all 3 feeds (my
primary, the advertising, and the disclaimer). I would then specify
FOR EACH FEED (rather than in total like you have now), a DATE RANGE,
or ALL.

On Dec 3, 1:39 am, "Jonas Martinsson (FeedJournal)"

Jonas Martinsson (FeedJournal)

Dec 8, 2009, 1:37:49 PM12/8/09
to FeedJournal
Steve,

I believe that this will be possible once the new Publisher interface
that I am working on has been deployed. There are still a lot of work
to be done until it will be available but it is in the works.

Thanks,
Jonas.

Becktemba

Dec 24, 2009, 7:15:34 PM12/24/09