Why is limited to 8 the number of articles to be readed?

cci...@gmail.com

May 26, 2009, 12:17:51 PM5/26/09
to FeedJournal
That's my question : why is limited to 8 the feed articles to be
readed/printed?

Are you thinking in increase that limit?

And, at last, in the actual situation, is there a trick for printing
more than 8 articles of a blog?

Best regards,

Carles (BARCELONA)

Jonas Martinsson

May 26, 2009, 4:25:57 PM5/26/09
to FeedJournal
> why is limited to 8 the feed articles to be readed/printed?

The limit is originating from Google's Feed API, that FeedJournal
Reader is using as a backend for handling RSS feeds. Google doesn't
present more than 8 articles/feed.

> Are you thinking in increase that limit?

Yes, I am planning on increasing the limit.

> is there a trick for printing more than 8 articles of a blog?

Not any easy way that I am aware of. There are non-trivial workarounds
that come to mind, like:
- Subscribing to feeds from different tags of the blog (that might
cause duplicate articles if they are using more then one tag).
- Tag articles manually with a feed reader such as Google Reader and
subscribe to those tags.
- Split the feed automatically using Yahoo Pipes or FeedRinse.

Please let us know if you find any of those workarounds useful, or
find another one that is easier.

Jonas.