Feedburner Feed Not Updating and Can't Manually Refresh

David Parod

Feb 2, 2023, 11:21:51 AM2/2/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Our Feedburner feed is not updating.  We released an episode a 3 days ago on 1/30, but it's not showing up in the Feedburner feed.  It shows up in the source feed just fine.  And when I click the "Refresh feed" link, it sits for a second and then gives me a "Can't force refresh the feed." error message.

This same thing happened early last month too for the 1/2 episode.  But, at that time, after a few clicks on the "Refresh feed" link I was finally able to get it to refresh.  Now I can't get it to refresh no matter how many times I click it.  And ideally we'd like to avoid having to manually refresh the feed at all.

David Parod

Feb 2, 2023, 6:50:53 PM2/2/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
FYI I've also tried editing the proxy to set a Custom Feed Title in the hopes that that would force it to update. However when I click Save Changes, it gives me an "Can't update Feed Proxy." error message.
Message has been deleted

Brian Walker

Feb 2, 2023, 9:53:22 PM2/2/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
This usually means that we are getting an error from your server while attempting to crawl your feed. This could be due to caching or some other error. I'll need to check it tomorrow once I'm back in the office. I'll update here once I have more info.

Brian Walker

Feb 3, 2023, 3:46:44 PM2/3/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
I checked the error log for your feed and when we request a copy of your feed the server returns a 500 error (Internal Error). When I request from the browser it returns fine. I'm unsure why your hosting provider would error out when they get a request from our crawler but that is why your feed won't update.  You would have to talk with your hosting provider to see why this might be the case. It is possible that they are blocking crawlers of some kind but unfortunately I can't provide much help for servers outside of our purview.