Feedburner Not Getting Latest Feed

Web Team

Sep 2, 2022, 8:07:44 AM9/2/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Noticed a situation in the past few days where my feed isn't getting refreshed:

The original source is definitely valid and even used by other RSS systems.

The XML is updated overnight around midnight eastern, but the only way to get feedburner to update is to log in and click the button.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Matti nescio

Sep 2, 2022, 10:01:09 AM9/2/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
On Friday, 2 September 2022 at 15:07:44 UTC+3 Web Team wrote:
Noticed a situation in the past few days where my feed isn't getting refreshed:

The original source is definitely valid and even used by other RSS systems.

Web Team

Sep 6, 2022, 8:32:12 AM9/6/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
This is the one in question:

and it IS valid.

Brian Walker

Sep 6, 2022, 11:41:27 AM9/6/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
I just checked your feed and it looks like it was updated today.  There was an error logged from previous attempts indicating that the url timed out and we weren't able to retrieve the RSS.

Matti nescio

Sep 6, 2022, 12:44:02 PM9/6/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
On Tuesday, 6 September 2022 at 15:32:12 UTC+3 Web Team wrote:
This is the one in question:

and it IS valid.

is the Original Feed, what is it ?

In any case , it has the same problem as the Original Feed ;

Web Team

Sep 7, 2022, 6:36:29 AM9/7/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
It was updated because I manually updated it in your system, but again today, it's not updated.

Web Team

Sep 7, 2022, 6:37:54 AM9/7/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
This is the original feed URL:

If the MANUAL update works, why wouldn't the AUTOMATED update work?  Seems very unlikely that this is caused by validator questions.

Matti nescio

Sep 7, 2022, 10:23:44 AM9/7/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
On Wednesday, 7 September 2022 at 13:37:54 UTC+3 Web Team wrote:
This is the original feed URL:

It's quite possible that your hosting provider (settings) is causing the issue.
Cloudflare has caused problems previously, so radwarecloud could very well be too.
Turning off any serverside caching for the Original Feed URL would the first step.

After that , read the any server logs from your end on how it responds to requests from the Feedburner user-agent.

Brian Walker

Sep 7, 2022, 10:51:31 AM9/7/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
We have seen issues with caching recently. I'll try to take a closer look today and see if I can find more information. In general, your feed should be updating by itself without your interaction.

Web Team

Sep 8, 2022, 7:51:26 AM9/8/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Brian,

I just had to manually refresh it again this morning.  If this were an issue on our end, doing a manual refresh would also fail or have problems, but that's working every single time.

When you have more, please let me know.

Jean-Benoît Turgeon

Sep 8, 2022, 9:53:24 AM9/8/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi Brian and everyone else!
I just want to pitch in as we seem to have a very similar problem.
For the past few days, our feeds don't refresh automatically. We have to login into the management interface and refresh them manually which works, but since we have about 100 feeds, it makes it almost impossible to make it a daily task.

Brian Walker

Sep 8, 2022, 11:05:41 AM9/8/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Please reach out to feedburn...@google.com with a sample feed that isn't updating so I can look into it further.

Web Team

Sep 12, 2022, 10:40:16 AM9/12/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
brian - thank you for helping me get to the bottom of this!

Harry wood

Oct 31, 2022, 2:07:49 AM10/31/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Great, so I don't need to action anything. Thanks.
Message has been deleted