Feed not refreshing

MoreLikeRadio

Feb 7, 2023, 7:53:06 PM2/7/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
For some reason my feed is not updating new episodes.

and this is the feedburner feed: https://feeds.feedburner.com/revengeofthecis

I have tried to refresh it but no avail. It's not updating on spotify, apple or any feeds. Kind of stuck could really use some direction

thanks

Brian Walker

Feb 8, 2023, 1:10:14 AM2/8/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
I just checked your feed and it looks like the last successful update was today.  Did you problem get resolved?

MoreLikeRadio

Feb 15, 2023, 3:45:50 PM2/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
sorry for the late reply it is very odd... I posted an episode yesterday and it has been 24 hours and even if I refresh it or change the Itunes config it wont update. It just updates randomly now sometimes days later. Have no idea what is going on.

Brian Walker

Feb 15, 2023, 4:24:10 PM2/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Have you changed any cache settings?  If your server is caching responses when we attempt to crawl it, we won't see the new feed. We also rely on the etag or last published date headers to determine fi the feed is outdated. If those aren't being updated correctly then we won't know the feed was updated. Just a couple of things to check.

Although, we don't check the headers when you manually refresh the feed so I would look at any server caching first.

Do you get an error at all when you attempt to refresh manually?

MoreLikeRadio

Feb 15, 2023, 6:03:01 PM2/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
I have reset the cache but I can do it again. And no I don't get any errors when I refresh so its odd.

MoreLikeRadio

Feb 15, 2023, 6:11:57 PM2/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
This the link to the feed its pulling from and everything seems to be updated

MoreLikeRadio

Feb 15, 2023, 6:16:19 PM2/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Well it seems to have just updated. maybe it was the cache. Thanks so much!