Can we claim our Feedburner accounts from an offline user?

Chris Coleman

Apr 15, 2023, 6:41:37 AM4/15/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Our podcast runs through Feedburner, set up in our old Producer's name.
After years of trying to contact this guy to transfer ownership, he's just fallen off the grid. Annoyingly, we've had issues with updating cover art, descriptions, and episodes not showing in the feed which we could sort ourselves if we had access.

Because we've had this feed for over a decade and it's tied to our current subscribers, Apple Podcasts and other services, we're not willing to delete it and start again.

Is there any protocol to take back a hijacked FeedBurner account? Something akin to how Twitter releases usernames that are being sat on in the hopes of selling them? I assume not but we're just out of options at this point – especially now that we can't ping Feeds externally anymore.

Brian Walker

Apr 27, 2023, 3:30:10 PM4/27/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Is the feed associated with an organization of any kind? We need to see that whoever is requesting the feed be transferred has some relationship with the feed if it is not coming from the original user. Or you could show ownership of the underlying feed by changing the owner or email tag in the original rss. You could then send us a transfer request from that email that is now in the RSS feed to show that you have ownership of the feed.

Chris Coleman

Apr 27, 2023, 4:35:40 PM4/27/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi Brian,

We own the show, pay for the hosting and run the website it all comes from. The guy that set up the RSS feed in his name is a former show host that has been out of contact with us for about five years – who try as we may, won't get in contact with us over the feedburner account.

The way it's set up is Libsyn hosting > Libsyn feed to Wordpress site > WP category feed to Feedburner > Feedburner feed to other services.

Because we have access to everything before Feedburner in that chain then I'm assuming that's something we can do.
Do you know where I can send a transfer request? I've tried looking around but have not seen anything to do so.

Brian Walker

Apr 27, 2023, 4:44:22 PM4/27/23
to FeedBurner Help Group
Send a request to feedburn...@google.com and we can discuss further.