Subscriber Count Dropped Drastically Overnight

LivingWithLindsay

Apr 2, 2009, 8:57:12 AM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Hi-

Yesterday, I had a subscriber count of about 350 (can't remember the
exact number). This morning, FeedBurner is only reporting 107
subscribers. My feed can be found here:

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/livingwithlindsay

Is there something going on in general or is the problem specific to
my feed? Because my site is having an all time high as far as
visitors, commenters, and subscribers, I'm certain that 250 didn't
unsubscribe to my feed yesterday.

Thanks-
LIndsay

Laurie | YIfO

Apr 2, 2009, 9:30:31 AM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Mine went from 467 to 66 overnight last night. It looks like
Feedburner might have lost all of the Google Reader subscribers, which
seems ironic. This has happened to me before and I've heard of it
happening to lots of other people. Feedburner is just very buggy.

Popped Culture

Apr 2, 2009, 1:27:10 PM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have a similar problem - feed count cut in half overnight and the
contact FeedBurner link redirects to another answer. Anyone reading
this other than people with similar problems?

nathanrhale

Apr 2, 2009, 2:17:54 PM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same issue! Went from 1000+ subscribers to just over 300. My feed is
located at http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Productivelinux

Not cool, FeedBurner!

Angelika72

Apr 2, 2009, 4:18:18 PM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Yep. Mine dropped by about 2/3 overnight. I didn't think all those
people suddenly decided that they didn't like my blog anymore, LOL.

Kevin Fields

Apr 2, 2009, 5:37:20 PM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Ditto - Dropped from 128 to 77
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/angrymarks

modish

Apr 2, 2009, 6:06:14 PM4/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Ditto! What gives? Mine went from 4600 to 2300! My eyeballs nearly
blew out of their sockets! An April Fool's Day joke? I hope I hope I
hope it's fixed tomorrow, does NOT LOOK good!

sowmya

Apr 3, 2009, 3:27:10 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics

mine dropped too..this is happening almost every month ...really
dissappointing..
http://creativesaga.blogspot.com
http://creativesagacontinues.blogspot.com

sowmya

Apr 3, 2009, 3:32:06 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics

akella

Apr 3, 2009, 4:08:10 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
It is an awful thing i should be saying it (and not the Feedburner
Support Team) but as far as i can see - the only thing happened -
googlereader subscribers dissappeared from your subscribe count.
So i suppose they are intergrating feedburner with google sevices to
count them better. And they didnt quite succeed in finishing it so
far.

What is very very bad - i got to this group via link "Help" on
feedburner page. And i can see no help here. Not even a try.
I guess we should just wait for them to fix it.

On 3 апр, 11:32, sowmya wrote:
> sorry..forgot to add the feedshttp://feeds2.feedburner.com/CreativeSagahttp://feeds2.feedburner.com/blogspot/thesagacontinues

Dmitry

Apr 3, 2009, 5:23:31 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Damn!
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/dyt
Mine is from 12,000 to 4,000!!!

Steffen

Apr 3, 2009, 5:44:16 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have the same problem.

My subscriber count fall down from 413 to 219!
Now the count increases to 247 subscribers for yesterday...

My Feed:
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/usabilityblog/rssfeed

Does somebody know the reason for this Drop?

KevinMD

Apr 3, 2009, 6:18:27 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same here. Lost 6000+ subscribers.

It indeed looks like they lost the readers from Google feedcatcher.

Hope they fix it soon.

Kevin
KevinMD.com

Leigh Zeitz "Dr. Z"

Apr 3, 2009, 6:29:48 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Mine dropped from 157 to 99 and today it is 39.

The irony is that on Wednesday, I worked with over 200 students and
each of them subscribed to my blog through Google Reader. The numbers
should definitely be going up instead of down.

Check it out at http://drzreflects.com

Thanks,

Leigh Zeitz

Mungo

Apr 3, 2009, 11:36:05 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
http://www.google.com/support/feedburner/bin/answer.py?answer=126303&cbid=-ygnkeihmmsts&src=cb&lev=answer

Will I lose all my subscribers in this process?

You should not lose any readers of your feed during this transition
process. All feeds.feedburner.com URLs will redirect your readers to
feeds hosted by Google. Your readers will continue to receive your
feeds. However, the reporting and analytics may take up to a week to
adjust to internet traffic changes, so the number of subscribers you
see in analytics reports may be lower for a short period of time.

In addition, the algorithms we use to calculate subscribers and reach
at Google are more accurate and up to date than the algorithms
previously used at FeedBurner.com, so your numbers will not be exactly
the same before and after the transfer. We are constantly tuning our
analytics to ensure they are accurate and correct for our publishers,
but going forward we are only doing this within the Google
environment.

originalspin

Apr 3, 2009, 12:10:25 PM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Mine the the EXACT same thing...

Went from 375 to 16. SIXTEEN!!!

I am so royally bitter.

trbothead

Apr 3, 2009, 12:30:38 PM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
What gives? My subscriber count was fluctuating quite a bit when I
first switched from Feedburner over to Google, but after a couple of
weeks it was fine. It's been fine for a couple of months now, but just
yesterday it started fluctuating quite a bit again. Today, it dropped
form 600 down to 200 :(