Feed not updating for 4 days!

David D Madden

Sep 3, 2022, 6:00:51 PM9/3/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi, I see today last 4 days from my feed disappeared and feed stop updating any new posts
check and solve this issue pls
feed link : https://feeds.feedburner.com/cimanowtv

David D Madden

Sep 6, 2022, 11:54:20 AM9/6/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
it is still not updating yet, And refresh button doesn't work too

David D Madden

Sep 9, 2022, 1:13:04 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Any help? :(
we are still facing same issue for more than 10 days

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 1:25:49 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
It looks like when we make a HEAD request for your feed to fetch the headers we get a 403 - Forbidden response.  We rely on the last-modified and etag headers to determine if a feed needs to be updated. If we get an error while fetching those headers the feed won't be marked as needing an update.  Correcting the response to 200 and allowing the HEAD request to complete successfully will fix the update issue.

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 1:28:21 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
You can also update manually as a short term fix by going to feedburner.com, clicking on the overflow menu to the right of "Configure proxy" and select "Refresh feed". This will update it manually and bypass header checks.

David D Madden

Sep 9, 2022, 2:15:54 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi  Brian, Thank you for your reply, We allowed the HEAD request but now when I tried to refresh it, it give me this error " Can't force refresh the feed."

David D Madden

Sep 9, 2022, 2:48:09 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Can you refresh it for us pls?

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 2:48:10 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi David,

I'll take a look, stay tuned.

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 2:53:51 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Yeah, I'm going to run it against the update pipeline and see if it is working now that the HEAD request returns a 200.  It is failing validation but I'll need to look into why. The feed looks fine. Hopefully I'll have it updated for you within the next 30 - 60 mins.

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 2:54:07 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
I should also note, if this works then it will start updating automatically again.

Brian Walker

Sep 9, 2022, 3:39:46 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group

The feed has been updated now. One other thing to point out. The HEAD request is working but your etag appears to be invalid.  It should update every time a new feed is published.  Any service that checks that etag will assume that the feed has not been updated since it doesn't appear to be changing.  At least, the one that came back with the most recent HEAD request was the same one we had cached from a week ago or so.  The last-modified header looks correct but a static etag and updating last-modified sends mixed results about whether the feed needs to be updated.

Here are some additional resources on etags in general.

David D Madden

Sep 9, 2022, 3:45:51 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate that

David D Madden

Sep 9, 2022, 6:22:02 PM9/9/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi Brian!
after publish new posts feed still for sorry not auto update, and I checked the etag, it is already updated every time we make any changes to any post, idk what is wrong why it is not auto update and the manual refresh button doesn't work too

David D Madden

Sep 10, 2022, 2:38:39 PM9/10/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Hi, I see after waiting it is updating but taking too much time to update, + 5 hours to update! IDK why!

Brian Walker

Sep 11, 2022, 12:39:06 PM9/11/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
I'll need to take a look tomorrow and see if we are getting errors when attempting to crawl your feed.  Five hours is definitely not the norm.  I'll let you know what I find out.  For the manual refresh, your feed fails validation. I'll need to check to see why that is.  I don't see any immediate issues with your feed but our validator returns an error.

I'll do my best to get back to you tomorrow with some additional info.

David D Madden

Sep 11, 2022, 1:12:34 PM9/11/22
to FeedBurner Help Group
Sure take your time, Thanks!