fcrepo web app 5.1.1 authentication

Nikolay Gannev

Mar 7, 2024, 11:42:10 AMMar 7
to Fedora Tech
Hi all,

As part of Fedora upgrade, I have deployed fcrepo 5.1.1 web app on Tomcat 8.5 and it requires authentication when tried to open it and I can't get in . Not sure what has changed from 4.7.1 to 5 but before digging into it, wanted to check if someone knows more about it.

Thanks,
Nikolay.

Woods, Andrew

Mar 11, 2024, 8:55:50 AMMar 11
to fedor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Nikolay,

You may find the “Authentication and Authorization” documentation helpful in configuring basic users in the tomcat-users.xml file of your installation:

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/FEDORA5x/Authentication+and+Authorization#AuthenticationandAuthorization-Tomcat

Best regards,

Andrew

Dan Field

Mar 11, 2024, 8:55:50 AMMar 11
to Fedora Tech

Fedora leaves authentication to the servlet container. Further documentation can be found at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/FEDORA51/How+to+Configure+Servlet+Container+Authentication

If you have deployed Fedora with one of our docker containers or a preconfigured instance, it may have the default credentials of fedoraAdmin:fedoraAdmin which you could try. If your tomcat is administrated by someone else, they should be able to provide you with credentials and you will need them to configure the roles as defined in the documentation above.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps you could let us know a little more about your stack and how it is deployed ?

Nikolay Gannev

Mar 13, 2024, 9:40:55 AMMar 13
to Fedora Tech
Thanks everyone, I have just disabled Basic Authentication in web.xml and worked for me.